cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Data not worth it?

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey,

I had upgraded my plan to the $60 plan with 2GB of data. Did anyone else find the speed of data in the USA very slow? Sometimes it was fine but other times I couldn't even order an uber because I couldn't get a data connection. I ended up having to buy a USA sim. 

Does anyone have some insight as to why it was so bad sometimes and good other times?

6 REPLIES 6

Degus222

Maybe that what happened. The phone kept trying to switch next works. I was in LA and in major locations so service was not an issue. Just data. 

Degus222

I went to Lycamobile which uses Tmobile...also the net work that kept appearing on my phone when I was using my public sim card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Degus222 wrote:

Hey,

I had upgraded my plan to the $60 plan with 2GB of data. Did anyone else find the speed of data in the USA very slow? Sometimes it was fine but other times I couldn't even order an uber because I couldn't get a data connection. I ended up having to buy a USA sim. 

Does anyone have some insight as to why it was so bad sometimes and good other times?

@Degus222  If the local sim that you purchased used the AT&T or T-Mobile networks that would be alarming. What local US sim did you puchase?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Degus222, the US data component is apparently not throttled.  Which provider did you buy service from?  Maybe AT&T was not offering good coverage in your area. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Coverage should be good for most urban centers through AT& T and T-mobile.

Here is the link for AT&T coverage.

https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Degus222 wrote:

Hey,

Some users have found that manually selecting the best network of either AT&T or T-Mobile to help get optimum service. Depending on which area you happen to be in as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.