cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Coverage (Talk, text and date)

rickstevens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone;

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

I am looking at the USA add-ons and I only see the one package for text (unlimited), talk (unlimited) and data (250mb).

1) Is there a similar package with more MB?

2) 20$ for 10 days and if I am correct, it is for 10 consecutive days and not only for the days you are in the USA i.e. 3 days the first week, 3 days the second week, 2 days the third week and 2 days the fourth week?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Sincerely,

Rick

13 REPLIES 13

@NeilTownsend wrote:

I added a USA voice coverage package yesterday for both myself and my parents. We are both public mobile customers and are in Phoenix. There should be great coverage but we a re both getting one bar at best. Different models of phones. Have family member in hispital so some timely help would be great. Are there settings that need looking into?

Try manually selecting either of AT&T or t-mobile...whichever works best.

No other settings to worry about.

***Let us know if that helps or not.

NeilTownsend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added a USA voice coverage package yesterday for both myself and my parents. We are both public mobile customers and are in Phoenix. There should be great coverage but we a re both getting one bar at best. Different models of phones. Have family member in hispital so some timely help would be great. Are there settings that need looking into?

@rickstevens 

@rickstevens wrote:

Thank you for your input.

A couple more questions.

1) Which service is used when in the USA?

2) A bundle with 1gb would be nice and yes, it would cost a little more but it would be more convenient.

Thank you all for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Stay safe and healthy.

Rick

hi AT&T, TMobile are the two main providers there have a great day 

rickstevens

Thank you for your input.

A couple more questions.

1) Which service is used when in the USA?

2) A bundle with 1gb would be nice and yes, it would cost a little more but it would be more convenient.

Thank you all for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Stay safe and healthy.

Rick

@Pawprints1986 

If they offered shorter duration, price won't be as good or they stop offering 10 days.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It really would be super neat if you could use only one day at a time for the us add on. Gone for 3 days pay for 3 days, rather than wasting 7 days worth

Or a function similar to roaming, it's there if you need it but not charged if you don't use it, charge our card automatically if we start to make a US call or something... The downside of being all prepaid I guess 😕

rickstevens

Yes, exactly what I thought....I hope down the road they can put together something inline with what Roam Mobility had for snowbirds and business people traveling south.....

Someone will come up with a similar plan and take on so many Canadians who do go south.

Thank you for your input it is very much appreciated.

Rick

@rickstevens 

It starts right away.

@rickstevens hi it happens right away so don't do it until you are ready to leave

rickstevens

Thank you very much for all your input.....

So, I need it to start Monday....how long does it take for the USA coverage to activate once I pay for the 10 days?  I drive tractor trailer in to the USA and I figure I can get two trips into the USA but the start time is so important.

I figure I could pay for the coverage a 5am on Monday and have the coverage hopefully start by the time I get into the USA.

Again, thank you and please stay safe and healthy.

Rick

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Hi.

Once you buy an add-on for USA it starts immediately and currently only 10 day add-ons. The days are consecutive. 

The highest add-on is $20 for data only. 1 gig.

For call / text and 250 mb data is $20 as well. Unfortunately no higher data options at this time.

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

Many hope new add-ons will emerge for USA. At one time they had a $60 plan which included USA and 2gigs of USA data per 30 days. Many hope something like that will come back in the future.

It is two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below if you need.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Stay safe!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rickstevens 

1. No

2, 10 consecutive days.

Take a look at Amazon for prepaid US sim cards of you need more data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Not bundled. But you can stack the data-only add-ons.

2. 10 - 24 hour periods from time of purchase. Re-purchasing needs at least an overnight delay after expiry.

Need Help? Let's chat.