cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Calling

horsfieldkenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded to the 8gb plan because it “provided” USA calling but when I tried calling today I didn’t work. Now it said my plan started December 2nd. I tried calling December 4th (today) and didn’t work. Please help.

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

@horsfieldkenny 

I dont think I saw anyone mention this.... just in case...

You ARE calling the USA FROM Canada, right? I have seen people here who thought that this plan means they are good to travelling and calling while IN the USA. Not so, that requires a roaming package.

AE_Collector

@mpcdesign 

That's just 4 area codes and not the whole area codes but certain exchanges, 7 in total

I'm not sure if TextNow is servicing those, if you need it try with them

@mpcdesign I did not go through all the USA numbers that are blocked but just as an example 712-432 is the start of some numbers for free conference calls.

"""The 712 dial-in number is a toll number. All your callers will pay is their regular long distance or airtime rate to their respective phone carriers. No Cost Conference provides the bridge line that joins all your callers, free to use."""

I assume PM blocks as other cell companies doe (fido) as they don't want people taking up long distance for hours of conference calls. That's understandable in my opinion.

I'm sure the other numbers blocked are for similar reasons.

@Luddite, wow, that's a lot of area codes that Public Mobile doesn't include within the US calling...what's the point of offering a plan that doesn't include all 52 states? It's like saying, you can call across Canada for free except to Toronto! Or Montreal! Sorry, I am a Canuck fan, even though we have never won the Stanley Cup! 

horsfieldkenny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you I will try doing this

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@horsfieldkenny  FYI: Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@horsfieldkenny wrote:

I upgraded to the 8gb plan because it “provided” USA calling but when I tried calling today I didn’t work. Now it said my plan started December 2nd. I tried calling December 4th (today) and didn’t work. Please help.

thanks 

@horsfieldkenny   Try rebooting your phone, you can also try topping up your account with $1 and then restarting the phone.

If that doesn't help contact moderators by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right or the envelope icon top right and sending a private message to Moderator_Team to take a look into your account.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@horsfieldkenny what was the message you got?  Did you put a 1 in front of the number before diamond?  As well there are a few area codes in the US that PM can't call to

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.