cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Calling Add On Not Working

PL29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchased a 200 US from Canada minutes add on to my plan earlier in the week. On the same day I called the US no problem, spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone. Tried calling another US number today and I keep getting told I have no US calling plan. I check my account and it doesn't show under my add ons, even though it shows under my balance due the extra $8 on top of my usual bill. What's going on? 

17 REPLIES 17

Show your 30 or 90 day payment history.  If you added the addon it will show in the payment trail.  It really does sound like you missed the second step of adding the addon.  First step only adds credit.

You may have used one of many WiFi calling app or chat program to make the call.

@PL29Perhaps you can check your Google Hangouts history. Smiley Happy

PL29

I see, that was the problem. I can't really explain how I was able to call an US number then, which was what prompted me to think everything was setup. I did try calling the same number today and I got the same automated message. It's a mystery?

@PL29 wrote:

It does say $8 available. So I'd do the add on and the balance owing wouldn't increase? 

I did use Hangout Dialer to troubleshoot too.

It sounds like all is well. Smiley Happy

You can use that $8 credit to buy your Add-On
Or keep it there and it will be applied towards your next plan renewal.

PL29

It does say $8 available. So I'd do the add on and the balance owing wouldn't increase? 

I did use Hangout Dialer to troubleshoot too.

@PL29 wrote:

Yeah I contemplated the possibility. But I did speak with a US number on the day I (presumably) bought the add on and I had no active US add on before that, and my balance shows that I will owe the $8 on top of my usual bill. 

On July 30, you did top-up your account with $8. So $8+taxes was charged to your credit card.

When you logon to your Self-Serve account, does it show any amount under Available Funds? This is your credit balance. If Available funds = $8, it would confirm that you have not purchased the Add-On.

Is there any other lines showing in your payment history?

Is it possible you used another phone to call US?
Like @geopublic suggested, Google Hangouts Dialer works well.

PL29

Yeah I contemplated the possibility. But I did speak with a US number on the day I (presumably) bought the add on and I had no active US add on before that, and my balance shows that I will owe the $8 on top of my usual bill. 

@PL29 wrote:

My logs doesn't show the call I made to the US for some bizarre reason. Only the calls I've made and received in BC. You can see the payment as well.pm1.pngpm2.png

Hi, I see you added $8 to your account on July 30th.

Where is the line that shows you purchased the 200 minutes Calling Add-On? Is it possible you added the funds to your account but didn't complete the purchase of the Add-On?

Is it possible the $8 is still showing in your Available Funds?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@PL29Sounds like you need to get in touch with the moderators (link).

Let us know when it got fixed.

PL29

My logs doesn't show the call I made to the US for some bizarre reason. Only the calls I've made and received in BC. You can see the payment as well.pm1.pngpm2.png

PL29

Will do when I'm home in half an hour

@PL29 wrote:

That makes no sense. I have unlimited Canada wide calling and 15 minutes is a generous estimate of my first and only successful US call. I'd see what my call history says but the website refuses to work properly. 

@PL29 Best to check your usage history logs. In the meantime, if you need to call in the US you can use Hangouts Dialer it's free and works well.

@PL29 wrote:

That makes no sense. I have unlimited Canada wide calling and 15 minutes is a generous estimate of my first and only successful US call. I'd see what my call history says but the website refuses to work properly. 

Try clearing browser cache and using incognito mode. You may notice a difference.

Let us know your findings. Thanks

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@PL29Check your selfserve after hours. I would recommend cut and paste the details into a spreadsheet then you can manipulate the information much easier.

PL29

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PL29 wrote:

Hi, I purchased a 200 US from Canada minutes add on to my plan earlier in the week. On the same day I called the US no problem, spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone. Tried calling another US number today and I keep getting told I have no US calling plan. I check my account and it doesn't show under my add ons, even though it shows under my balance due the extra $8 on top of my usual bill. What's going on? 

@PL29 Are you on a limited calling plan. Is it possible that you ran out of minutes from you plan and was using the minutes from the addon without realising it? From what you describe it appears that you have used up all the minutes from you addon.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@PL29 wrote:

Hi, it looks like you have used up all your Calling Add-On minutes.

The 200 minutes Calling Add-On is good for calls to US and Canada.
If you made other calls and do not have local calling minutes, those minutes will be used.

You can check detailed usage via online account to confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.