cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Addon

Cinjin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a USA roaming addon so I can use it in Vegas and call a USA number. How long does it take before it becomes active on my phone number ? After I activated it I tried calling a US number and it says I need to buy an add-on.

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Cinjin  It's the correct addon if you want to use it in Vegas.

@Cinjin before you log that support ticket, please see this reply from @geopublic as I also believe you have the correct add-on for your stated usage.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Make sure you have sufficient available funds in your account or that your credit card details are entered correctly.

@Cinjin already has the add-on. No payment in needed.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure you have sufficient available funds in your account or that your credit card details are entered correctly.

@Cinjin  It's the correct addon if you want to use it in Vegas.

Click the ? in lower right side of the page to start process of consulting with a moderator, on this. Tell the moderator you bought wrong add-on and perhaps they can do something to help.

Be patient as it could take 24 - 48 hours for a response..but usually much less.

Cinjin

Oh darn I think I bought the wrong add-on. Is there anyway to cancel it ?

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Cinjin if you are still in canada that add on will not work to make calls to the U.S. but the add on is active and you have 10 days to use it 

@Cinjin wrote:

Screenshot_20191019-204756.png

Your 10 Days start from the moment you "buy" the add-on. If you got it at 10pm...that counts as day 1.

To call US from Canada you need either...

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela....$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes...$8

@Cinjin wrote:

Roaming is enabled. Do I have to be in the US in order to make US calls ? Or can I call the US from Canada ?

Must be in U.S. for roaming add-on to work. It does nothing in Canada.

@Cinjin wrote:

Roaming is enabled. Do I have to be in the US in order to make US calls ? Or can I call the US from Canada ?

You have to be in US to have that add-on work.

Cinjin

@hairbag1 wrote:

Go into Settings and make sure Roaming is enabled.

Most phones only have data roaming setting. With that off, calls and texts should still be ok.

Go into Settings and make sure Roaming is enabled.

@Cinjin wrote:

Yes I added the funds then added the $20 talk/text/data plan and it shows it as active on my account but calling to the US still doesn't.

Try manual selection of either AT&T or T-Mobile. One might work but other doesn't.

Cinjin

Screenshot_20191019-204756.png

Enable Roaming on your phone.

You might have to manually select either of AT&T or T-mobile...whichever works best for you.

Cinjin

Yes I added the funds then added the $20 talk/text/data plan and it shows it as active on my account but calling to the US still doesn't.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cinjin wrote:

I just purchased a USA roaming addon so I can use it in Vegas and call a USA number. How long does it take before it becomes active on my phone number ? After I activated it I tried calling a US number and it says I need to buy an add-on.

Should work immediaately. Did you buy the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on ? You need to make sure you have $$ in Available Funds, then go back and actually buy the plan you want.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days...$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days...$15
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days...$8
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days...$8
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.
Need Help? Let's chat.