cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: USA Addon Text messages

You also get to pick Canadian or USA number.

Data rates are reasonable too, unlimited is 40

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I go back and forth to BC, I saw a $60 plan back in October which included the USA but then they abruptly stopped it! I need my current number for my business calls and texts and usally end up buying phone and text but as I will be back in Canada on Monday I decided I texting could do and I'll pick up all the phone messages when I hit Vancouve between flight - but here I at the mercy of PM as to when they will resolve the problems. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where we are wifi is spotty to say the least so I have to make a special trip (like now) to the internet cafe to log in to get answers from PM 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001 

Catching up with this thread...so you had roaming texting. It has recently changed to being 10 - 24 hour periods. Then there's a re-buy delay. I theorize that that roaming texting will re-appear for you at midnight ET.

Or you ask the moderators to re-up it. Deposit sufficient funds to avoid more delays.

The regulars here would be interested to know if you are able to see that add-on again at midnight ET if you don't ask the mods.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to receive messages, that's apparently positive bug, so you shouldn't miss any of them. If you install TextNow you will be able to respond to urgent ones. For the talk if you pick Canadian number, you can forward to it for free, that way you wouldn't miss any calls with local data or wifi and would have access to it voicemail.

If I was frequently in USA I would definitely consider getting that sim, they are on Sprint and att network I believe, then you don't have to chase WiFi either

BTW if you'd like to check your voicemail now, call yourself (hangouts or TextNow) and press start during the getting, if you remember your voicemail password. If you don't you can reset it in your selfserve, it will be your phone number.