cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Addon Text messages

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when I log in to add on USA text messages to my plan my only option is phone and text for $15 - the website advertises $8 text add on????

24 REPLIES 24

You should be able to receive messages, that's apparently positive bug, so you shouldn't miss any of them. If you install TextNow you will be able to respond to urgent ones. For the talk if you pick Canadian number, you can forward to it for free, that way you wouldn't miss any calls with local data or wifi and would have access to it voicemail.

If I was frequently in USA I would definitely consider getting that sim, they are on Sprint and att network I believe, then you don't have to chase WiFi either

BTW if you'd like to check your voicemail now, call yourself (hangouts or TextNow) and press start during the getting, if you remember your voicemail password. If you don't you can reset it in your selfserve, it will be your phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bj2001 

Catching up with this thread...so you had roaming texting. It has recently changed to being 10 - 24 hour periods. Then there's a re-buy delay. I theorize that that roaming texting will re-appear for you at midnight ET.

Or you ask the moderators to re-up it. Deposit sufficient funds to avoid more delays.

The regulars here would be interested to know if you are able to see that add-on again at midnight ET if you don't ask the mods.

Bj2001

Where we are wifi is spotty to say the least so I have to make a special trip (like now) to the internet cafe to log in to get answers from PM 

Bj2001

I go back and forth to BC, I saw a $60 plan back in October which included the USA but then they abruptly stopped it! I need my current number for my business calls and texts and usally end up buying phone and text but as I will be back in Canada on Monday I decided I texting could do and I'll pick up all the phone messages when I hit Vancouve between flight - but here I at the mercy of PM as to when they will resolve the problems. 

You also get to pick Canadian or USA number.

Data rates are reasonable too, unlimited is 40

@Bj2001 download  the Texnow app and use it over WiFi in the meantime to text and call in The US for free. 

😞

Sorry about that

How long are you staying there?

If you are on expended trip you could look into TextNow sim card. Talk and text are free no roaming charges coast to coast, only upgrade if you need data. Sim costs 10usd and you can keep it forever

Bj2001

yup messaged them twice but like all the problems I have with PM while in the USA I am at their mercy as to when they will respond ... thanks for your time

Bj2001

yup bought them 11 days ago and got a message yesterday on 611 to say go to PM and add it on as it has expired!

@Bj2001 wrote:

tried all that but Simon sends me to the 404 page with whoops we are too busy to help youi!

Try direct

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Bj2001 wrote:

As I said I can't take a screen shot but here is what will copy and there is nothing under the TEXT option - I'm not lying and hate this waste of time dealing with PM

Talk6
Text
Data7
US Roaming Bundle6
200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00
$8.00   
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - $15.00
$15.00   
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00
$5.00   

1GB Add-on - $30.00
$30.00   
200MB Add-on - $10.00
$10.00   
US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00
$20.00   
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day) - $10.00
$10.00   

US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) - $15.00
$15.00   
US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) - $15.00
$15.00   
US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00
$20.00   
Add-Ons$0
$

plus applicable taxes

Did you already buy them?

They are not available once you purchase them

Bj2001

tried all that but Simon sends me to the 404 page with whoops we are too busy to help youi!

Bj2001

As I said I can't take a screen shot but here is what will copy and there is nothing under the TEXT option - I'm not lying and hate this waste of time dealing with PM

Talk6
Text
Data7
US Roaming Bundle6
200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00
$8.00   
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - $15.00
$15.00   
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00
$5.00   

1GB Add-on - $30.00
$30.00   
200MB Add-on - $10.00
$10.00   
US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00
$20.00   
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day) - $10.00
$10.00   

US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) - $15.00
$15.00   
US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) - $15.00
$15.00   
US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00
$20.00   
Add-Ons$0
$

plus applicable taxes

@Bj2001 wrote:

when I try to go to click on the button for the chat help  after it posts "Looks like we'll need the help of our Moderator Team to take care of this issue" it takes me to a 404 page wiith

"Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage.
404"

Try

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Bj2001

when I try to go to click on the button for the chat help  after it posts "Looks like we'll need the help of our Moderator Team to take care of this issue" it takes me to a 404 page wiith

"Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage.
404"

Did you already buy?

If you made a purchase you won't be able to buy another one until they expire. Unfortunately they can't be just stacked one after the other and there is a bug that makes you wait 24 hours between your add-on expiring and it appearing available for purchase

@Bj2001 Use 611 from your phone to add it. Here's a link on how to use it. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

You can then contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket) 

Or contact them directly by private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You are right and there they are under texting and the other one under talking.

Just strange way to sort themScreenshot_20200213-223516.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001 ,If you are in your self service / my account  the $8 Us text roaming add on is to the left of @kselmak 's picture.

@Bj2001 wrote:

when I log in to add on USA text messages to my plan my only option is phone and text for $15 - the website advertises $8 text add on????

Bj2001

no it is blank, hence its very frustrating

Chipster

@Bj2001 wrote:

I am on a public computer so can't take screen shots to show this howver If you look at the webiste page you will see USA Addon advertizing $8 for 10 days

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

but like you shot  it's not showing up even though it is supposed to be an option for us to add on....extremely frustrating

Capture.JPG

Is it over on the left side of the page like I'm showing above?

Bj2001

I am on a public computer so can't take screen shots to show this howver If you look at the webiste page you will see USA Addon advertizing $8 for 10 days

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

but like you shot  it's not showing up even though it is supposed to be an option for us to add on....extremely frustrating

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I obit remember 200 long distance minutes that is not roaming package a all

I don't have anything like that eitherScreenshot_20200212-212329.png

Need Help? Let's chat.