cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Add On's

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey Peeps,

I'm heading to the US on Thursday. When I add funds to my account for the US talk\text\data add-on is it just $20 or $20 + HST?

Thanks,

Gerry 😊

16 REPLIES 16

No, only from  in Canada.

@kschnare wrote:

Hey there I'm wondering if the Holiday bonus ADD ON is roaming friendly, or do I have to use this in my home bountry? 

***$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US) ***

@kschnare wrote:

Hey there I'm wondering if the Holiday bonus ADD ON is roaming friendly, or do I have to use this in my home bountry? 

No, that add-on is for calls placed *from* Canada *to* specified international countries (including USA)

@kschnare wrote:

No roam...can use it while in Canada

They are both only for use in Canada.  If you are in the US then you would need to purchase a roaming add-on which are valid for 10 days from purchase.

kschnare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Gerry_P wrote:

I've already added the required funds. I was planning on choosing the add on (talk/text/data)  just before I get on the plane to the USA. That way, when I land the phone should work, correct? Or are you saying I have to call 1-855-478-2542 in order for it to start working?

You can activate the add on via the website OR by calling 611 or that 855 #. Your choice. Once in the US, without WiFi, 611 or the 855 # becomes your only choice. If you activate it the same day its no different in the end.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gerry_P wrote:

I've already added the required funds. I was planning on choosing the add on (talk/text/data)  just before I get on the plane to the USA. That way, when I land the phone should work, correct? Or are you saying I have to call 1-855-478-2542 in order for it to start working?

Correct.  Purchase the add-on.  Restart your phone after you arrive at your destination. You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile nectwork.

Gerry_P

@gblackma wrote:

Also wait until the last possible moment to add it.  The 10 days start when you buy the add on.

Calls to 611 or 1-855-478-2542 will work in the US without an active roaming plan. You could add the funds to your account for the desired roaming option prior to departure, then once in the US call one of those numbers to activate the add-on on the day of arrival.

Option 2 - buy add-on

enter 4 digit account pin

Option 3 us roaming add-ons

Select choose of these us roaming 10 day add-ons:

1. Talk+Text+250mb

2. Unlimitd talk

3. 250MB data

4. 500MB data

5. 1GB data

6. Unlimited text

DolphinV8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Similarly, I've had a few technical issues throughout the eight or so days when I activated my U.S. data roaming plan.  Full of so many glitches, though, due to its simplicity it seems well suited for a very short stay.

But whenever I need to be in the USA for a longer time I will do as two friends have just done, which is to buy a local SIM card after arriving in the US and use that for the 11-30 days you might be there. Not just that it may be cheaper, but the service (they report) will be glitch-free.

@Gerry_P wrote:

Awesome, thanks for clarifying that. I'm a newbie with PM 😏

The US Roaming add-ons are good value. Once you purchase one, it will last for 10 days.

Regarding US Roaming add-ons that include SMS text, you should know that after the roaming add-on expires, your incoming text messaging will stop working for 24 hours. This is a long-time bug that Public Mobile has not yet been able to fix. Once you return back home, you can contact Moderators so they can reenable your texting (remove the roaming add-on) to avoid the problem.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Also wait until the last possible moment to add it.  The 10 days start when you buy the add on.

@Gerry_P wrote:

Hey Peeps,

I'm heading to the US on Thursday. When I add funds to my account for the US talk\text\data add-on is it just $20 or $20 + HST?

Thanks,

Gerry 😊

Gerry_P

Awesome, thanks for clarifying that. I'm a newbie with PM 😏

mimmo

@Gerry_P   all prices are plus gst. 

when you add 20 you pay 20+ taxes  but it only shows as 20.   

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P wrote:

Hey Peeps,

Thanks,

Gerry 😊

You need to add $20 to your availabe funds. Your credit card will be charged $20 + taxes.

popping

@Gerry_P 

$20 + tax

You pay tax when you add fund to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.