cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: US talk, text, data

@Dhubich

I would recommend to go ahead can contact the moderators to see if they can stack US roaming add-ons for consecutive 10-day periods - it's worth a shot.  Public Mobile really should offer this option when customers are going for longer periods of time.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

The place just doesn't work this way. Talk and text are only sequential. After 10 - 24 hour periods is the only moment in time to bother the moderators. Or wait overnight. Maybe overnight the next night. Regulars here are still waiting for fellow customers to prove out the real time frame.

For the longest time, there was a bug where, upon returning to Canada, domestic texting didn't work for something like 24 hours. But they fixed that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

I should clarify....I believe a moderator (someone like Andu) can take it upon themselves to help out a customer and add the add ons from funds in the customers accounts as a favour so they can have almost seamless roaming service but its not something that can be set up ahead time. And its only done as a courtesy for the customer.....

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

So it can be done,  then.

It just becomes a matter whether Public Mobile values their customers enough to do so in a situation as this. 

Cool!!!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : Depends on what your definition of "it" is. 🙂 I have no recollection (certainly not saying that's bulletproof) of the mods adding talk or text add-ons while one is still going. I have read of them re-adding one after the 10 - 24 hour periods.

I don't think it's technically possible to stack talk or text add-ons while going. I think this is due to roaming agreements and then the unlimited nature of each. Why stack them?

The system is not made to allow sequential operation. They each need to be manually purchased every 10 days.

The exception is data roaming where we _can_ buy say the 1gb and then before that runs out the 500mb etc. But not the same 1gb and 1gb. I think it's because it's a limited, counted feature

The problem for the customer is the re-buying time delay bug. Ask the moderators or wait.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Wholly agree it's not something a user can do, but for trips of 10-day multiple durations, it should be stackable in a way that it is seamless for the user.

It would seem to me Public Mobile would want to offer that option as it guarantees them multiple consecutive add-ons in advance. 

Perhaps this should be added to the wishlist that someone had created some time ago...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : My apologies. My interpretation of your posts was not you suggesting things. Sure, suggest away. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Yes this is wishlist worthy......and will stay there for a long while. Please understand that I know a moderator has set themselves a reminder and added a new roaming add on in the middle of the night back to back but its not something they are obligated to do or practical on even a small scale just possible if a moderator wishes to go the extra mile on a YMMV basis because its in their nature to really help serve a pm customer. But obviously with only one out of two moderators overnight that does on occasion perform direct customer service duties its not something a customer should expect to happen.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

From someone whose province is a dumpster fire right now, please be careful!! Travel just sounds like disaster waiting to happen right now... 

Need Help? Let's chat.