cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

US roaming

Hello all,

I am located in Vancouver, B.C. and travel to Seattle occasionally. I usually purchase a US SIM card for unlimited talk, text and data in the states, therefore I do not need the US roaming add on. However, I was just wondering if I would be able to receive phone calls in the states without the add on? 
Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: US roaming

@SusieQ it depends who you ask!  The official answer is: no.  incoming calls will go directly to your voicemail box if you do not have the US Roaming Talk add-on active.

HOWEVER, some users (e.g. @z10user4) have mentioned that they are able to receive calls in the USA without the aforementioned add-on.  Your mileage may vary, but you could always try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ it depends who you ask!  The official answer is: no.  incoming calls will go directly to your voicemail box if you do not have the US Roaming Talk add-on active.

HOWEVER, some users (e.g. @z10user4) have mentioned that they are able to receive calls in the USA without the aforementioned add-on.  Your mileage may vary, but you could always try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SusieQ No, but if you add Textnow, and use wifi, you can receive calls in the US

@SusieQ wrote:

Hello all,

I am located in Vancouver, B.C. and travel to Seattle occasionally. I usually purchase a US SIM card for unlimited talk, text and data in the states, therefore I do not need the US roaming add on. However, I was just wondering if I would be able to receive phone calls in the states without the add on? 
Thanks! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks! 

@SusieQ  The answer is yes (unofficial and can change at any time). If your phone supports  two sims that would be ideal. Otherwise test it when you are down there and report back.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I like the way you talk @SusieQ asking the questions.

Strange, unofficial things happen around here. Try things out and see what happens.

Always remember that there are no extra charges here.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies everyone!

If and when I am down there, I'll test it and let you guys know.