cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Ksonier31669
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

I'm going to be traveling to the US and I need my phone to be reliable for traveling.  My sister went earlier and she had issues with service not working after the plan expired back in Canada or during renewal in the states.

Any tips or other options I have? Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous the US Roaming Texting issue indeed starts when the add-on expires; it does not properly remove itself from your account for up to about 24 hours, and during that time, any messages sent to you are lost forever and you have no idea what was sent to you unless someone later asks you why you didn't reply.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ksonier31669 - the known issue after returning from the US is with the texting.  For some reason, your texting sometimes does not work when you get back to Canada.  It usually resolves itself after a day or two (I suspect it has to do with the actual expiry date).  You can always ask the moderators to correct it, but if the response time for mods is 2-3 days, then that's of no use. 

In addition to what @Anonymous said about the plan starting when you activate it - it is based on calendar days, and not 10 x 24 hours, and is based on the eastern time zone.  So if you activate at 11:59PM eastern, then that day counts as a full day (basically wasted).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ksonier31669 wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm going to be traveling to the US and I need my phone to be reliable for traveling.  My sister went earlier and she had issues with service not working after the plan expired back in Canada or during renewal in the states.

Any tips or other options I have? Thanks! 

You could get a US-based SIM and service.

Don't forget...deposit money into your account and THEN buy the add-on. And the days-clock starts when you buy it. Buy another one AFTER the first expires.

Need Help? Let's chat.