cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming problem

ccgibbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!  I purchased the 10 day US bundle with data, talk, and text.  Every time I try to send a text or call I get a message that 'sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US.  Incoming texts are included.'  I turned on data roaming on my Samsung S7.  I've turned the phone off and on a bunch of times.  Under mobile networks I have the access point names Mobile Internet, Public Mobile, and Tethered Mobile Internet.  The network operator says AT&T.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

My Add-ons
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)
31 REPLIES 31

ccgibbs

thanks @softech for the tip to stop in with one of those carriers.

@ccgibbs  ok. let's hope it will end well.

how long more you are in the States?  Remember it might be cheaper to get local Data SIM , especially if you are  still there for awhile.  You do give up the beauty of text and calls with your PM number.. but you can use app like TextNow and give your friend the temporary number.

Another suggestions, if you see a TMobile or ATT store, pop in and see if they can assist.  Yes, they are sales, but sometimes you might bump into a nice one and might help.   

ccgibbs

No @softech it still isn't working but the moderator is trying to help.  Thanks for your help.

@ccgibbs  see you online now.. how was it in the end?   were you able to get everything working or you opened ticket and mod helped you?

@Seetharian wrote:

Have you gone into your setting on your phone and turned on cellular data or roaming? Sometimes its just a setting in the phone that's the problem.

@ccgibbs's data is working. Talk and text aren't working. There's no roaming settings for talk and text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccgibbs : Can you click on Plan Details on the overview page and maybe post a screenshot. Blank out personal info of course.

@ccgibbs   To get to open a ticket with mod.. at chatbot

just type this:  Data troubleshooting

then pick "still not working"

pick "still not working"

pick "android"

pick "still not working"

pick "click here to submit a ticket"

Another page will open and you can open a ticket there.

Seetharian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you gone into your setting on your phone and turned on cellular data or roaming? Sometimes its just a setting in the phone that's the problem.

ccgibbs

When I try and open I ticket I get to the chatbot and then to this forum.  I can't figure out how to start a ticket.

ccgibbs

Thanks, tried that and no change.  My data seems to be working, but I can't call or text even though I have it as an add-on.

@ccgibbs  when did you buy the US roaming package?

also try this.. Toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and then toggle off

I think we have tried everything covered in this KB article..

U.S. Roaming - Community (publicmobile.ca)

maybe the next thing is to open ticket with Mod.. 

ccgibbs

I cannot get it to work with AT&T or T-mobile

@ccgibbs wrote:

Thanks.  I can't get it to work with AT&T.

@ccgibbs  you can't or you can? 

ccgibbs

Thanks.  I can't get it to work with AT&T.

ccgibbs

Is there perhaps a problem with the access point name?  I have mobile internet, public mobile, and tethered mobile internet.

AT&T should have better coverage in Iowa.. but you will tell us your experience..

ccgibbs

Iowa City, Iowa

ccgibbs

I am in a city and have all bars

@ccgibbs  which states and city you are at?

ccgibbs

No none of those are working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccgibbs : Sorry. Yes. You said that. Let it keep spinning. It could take a short while to pick up networks. Did you have any bars?

ccgibbs

OK wait it finally found some networks.  Tried T-mobile and nothing worked.  Will try AT&T.

ccgibbs

android samsung s7

ccgibbs

Sorry I missed the steps at the bottom!  When I search for networks it just spins and nothing comes up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccgibbs : Do you have an iOS or Android phone?

ccgibbs

I'm not sure how to connect to T-mobile

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ccgibbs you can try both T-Mobile or AT&T and see which one is working well for you.  Also, is the data working?

1. From the front screen, tap Apps.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Choose Mobile Networks (or  More Networks, then Mobile Networks)
  4. Choose Network Operators.
  5. Choose the Network  from the list you would like to connect to.

ccgibbs

OK I can try and figure out how to do that

ccgibbs

Thanks.  I tried the chatbot and it sent me to this forum.  I suppose I can try the second method.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccgibbs : Do you have a decent signal reception? You could try to manually connect to T-Mobile too rather than AT&T.

Need Help? Let's chat.