cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming included in the $50 plan?

thrashertm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Moderator_Team

I'm a Freedom Mobile customer that frequently travels to the US interested in switching to this $50 plan https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/100GB-Bonus-50for8GB-3Gspeed which includes - 

• 8 GB + 4.5 GB Bonus  Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging

Do I need to purchase a US roaming addon for when I go to the US?

Where can I find the details of the US roaming addon - amount of minutes and data

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

@rpl wrote:

So to get this right, the $50 plan advertised as: "UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US" doesn't actually include US roaming? And the add-on is only good for 10 days at a time? I was thinking of switching over from Fido and Roam Mobility in the winter but there's no way I would do 10 days at a time for 5 months as a snowbird. Or I'm I reading this wrong? thx.

None of the plans include roaming.  To use your service in the U.S., you must purchase a separate roaming add-on.  You're right that they last for 10 days at a time.

rpl

So to get this right, the $50 plan advertised as: "UNLIMITED Talk Canada & US" doesn't actually include US roaming? And the add-on is only good for 10 days at a time? I was thinking of switching over from Fido and Roam Mobility in the winter but there's no way I would do 10 days at a time for 5 months as a snowbird. Or I'm I reading this wrong? thx.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@thrashertm, not really.  No service in my home, nor my workplace.  That's not serviceable.

Same with me. They don't even  have a network in the province of Quebec.  That's why I went with a reliable nationwide network. PM may not have some of the things freedom customers are used to but PM sure does help you get bill down.  The same $50 from origional post it my exact plan. With all the rewards that plan is now $28

@thrashertm, not really.  No service in my home, nor my workplace.  That's not serviceable.

thrashertm

Freedom's network isn't great, but it's serviceable enough.

@thrashertm wrote:

Thanks. If I'm going to the US do I need this addon even with the $50 plan that includes unlimited US talk and text?  

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days. $20

250MB of data is pathetic, so if I'm stuck with that I'll pass.

The plan minutes are for any calls IN Canada. You will need a roaming add-on if you are in the US. (No roaming for any other countries.)

The same way Freedom doesn't work for many of us (network?!?) Public Mobile isn't the silver bullet for everyone. 

thrashertm

Thanks. @CS_Agent I am not going to swtich from Freedom Mobile. I wish you had a monthly plan that included roaming to the US.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@thrashertm wrote:

Hi @Moderator_Team

I'm a Freedom Mobile customer that frequently travels to the US interested in switching to this $50 plan https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/100GB-Bonus-50for8GB-3Gspeed which includes - 

Where can I find the details of the US roaming addon - amount of minutes and data

Thanks in advance

No US roaming is not included.  The plan is for calls that originate in Canada and when you travel to the US you would need to purchase the Roaming addon.  They are listed in the addon section of the plan page if you want to check them out.  They are 10 days in length and price varies on what you are looking for.  I get the unlimited talk text and 250 mb of data for $20 when I go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrashertm wrote:

Thanks. If I'm going to the US do I need this addon even with the $50 plan that includes unlimited US talk and text?  

The plan only works while you're in Canada. You need roaming to have your phone and number in the states.
You can stack the data-only roaming add-on if you need more data.

thrashertm

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrashertm wrote:

Hi @Moderator_Team

Thanks in advance

Yes.

Up top there's a link called Plans. Scroll down to Add-ons. Click on the arrow to open it and you'll see all the add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.