cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming does not work/connect

tnamarie74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the travel plan, however my texts nvr send it say send fail, data/internet shows LTE but nvr has service always says connecting but NEVER does I have been waiting on a moderator for over a week! 

17 REPLIES 17

@MaggsPublic Mobile has no call centre for you to talk to a human, hence the lower prices.

@Maggs wrote:

Same here . 20 days my texts have failed and no access to data AT ALL. HOW DO I GET A REFUND???

If you feel you need a refund, you'll need to talk to a moderator. Click the question mark and say - talk to rep.

@Maggs wrote:

Same here . 20 days my texts have failed and no access to data AT ALL. HOW DO I GET A REFUND???

More info please. You bought the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on...is that correct ? When did you buy it ? Did any part of it work for any time ?

Maggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. Tried EVERYTHING. NO ACCESS TO DATA. HOW DO I GET A REFUND? Can we contact and speak with a human??

Maggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

tnamarie74

Yeah not impressed with the service at all, probably going to have to do the same thing

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This happened to me. Well, the data did. I noticed when I got a text it seemed to open the data window for a few min. I ended up buying a pay as you go sim down in the USA

@tnamarie74 I'm going to assume you have paid for the $60 plan and everything was working before you went to the USA. So, a s last ditch effort try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, you need assistance from the moderators. To get a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. click "Submit ticket",

3. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

4. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

5. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

6. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

Their response time has been up to several days. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tnamarie74 

Is your account status active?  Do you see the US roaming data in your overview page under add one section?  So you are on the new $60 plan, right?

tnamarie74

AT&T does not come up as available 

tnamarie74

I have tried numerous time but it Will not connect to AT&T but will try again

@tnamarie74Switch over to AT&T. TMobile only works best if you have one of the latest phones which can support Band 66 (any iPhone from XS, Pixel 3 or Samsung S9).

tnamarie74

I did not buy an add on. I bought the travel plan that includes the roaming add on

tnamarie74

Roaming is enabled, T-Mobile is what is says, it will not send send texts, or says text undelivered, internet does not connect says LTE but says no internet connection connects randomly every couple of hours for 2-3 minutes 

@tnamarie74 

Do you see the US roaming add on in your overview page in the Add on section?  Buying an add on is a two step process.  

Besides suggestions above, maybe toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and then off.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I will try and help. Have you rebooted your phone? Connected to at&t or tmobile? You may have to manually choose the network in your settings. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you enable roaming.  It should connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.