cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming addon not showing up

ShannonWoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchased a US roaming unlimited talk add-on for 10 days for $8. I tried to call a US phone number which is valid (my aunt in Florida). I got a voice message which said "sorry you vant make this call because you don't have a purchased US add-on." However on my self serve account the add-on is showing up on my payment history as paid $8. It is also showing up on my plan as an add-on. Please help. Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

ShannonWoo

Thanks for the info

You should consider textNow if you have data or access to WiFi. They will give you free Canadian number and unlimited talk and text to both USA and Canada.

I use it with my 15 public mobile plan to turn it into practically unlimited North America for $13.

Edit it uses 30-40 megs of data (with background data restricted) monthly in my case, I'm not heavy user.

@ShannonWooUnfortunately there is no unlimited add on options for calls to the US at Public Mobile. The best you can do is $15 for 400 international minutes https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans This doesn't expire until you use it all up.

@ShannonWoo 

You need to buy the long distance add on, not US roaming.

Here are the two options:

400 International Long Distance minutes   $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes   $8

ShannonWoo

Ah...I see. Thanks. Do you know which addon I'd need for unlimited calls to the US then?

ShannonWoo

I'm in Canada trying to make a phone call to the US. I purchased talk only so data roaming doesn't apply. Thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ShannonWoo 

Are you prently in the USA?  Trying to call a US number?

A few things to try:

Enable roaming

Reboot phone

Manually choose carrier either AT&T or T-mobile.  Try one, then ther other

Toggle airplane mode on, then off

The following numbers in the USA are not able to be called:

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

ShannonWoo

I have rebooted. Still not working. I will add a ticket thanks

GR
Mayor / Maire

@ShannonWoo are you in Canada or in the US?  That roaming add on is to use when you're in the states 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you enable roaming.  Try reboot ing your phone.  If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.