cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add-on not working

Ronak53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased US add on but still I  am not able make any calls to Canada fron USA. Any solution? I have full network.

7 REPLIES 7

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Ronak53 wrote:

I have purchased US add on but still I  am not able make any calls to Canada fron USA. Any solution? I have full network.

I'm wondering if a similarly named U.S. long distance add-on may have accidently been purchased instead of a roaming add-on.

This is true, there is an add-on called "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" which may be confusing, since it will only work in Canada. Is it possible that you've purchased this add-on by mistake? 

All the add-ons that will work in the US have "US Roaming" in the title and specify 10 days.

@Ronak53 wrote:

I'm wondering if a similarly named U.S. long distance add-on may have accidently been purchased instead of a roaming add-on.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Ronak53another thing we don't know.. when did you purchase the add on (hopefully within the last 10 days)?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ronak53 wrote:

Login your self-serve account.

Do you see the US roaming add-on on your overview page?

If yes, enable roaming on your phone.  Restart your phone.  You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ronak53 wrote:

@Ronak53  Make sure you have roaming on. Also you might want to try manually connecting AT&T or T-Mobile and see if it works.

@Ronak53 

You can check your self service account to see whether your US roaming add on is in your overview page.

Here is a thread on how to purchase add on:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Also, make sure that your roaming is turned on in your phone.  

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This is a two-step process.  Have you 're-purchased' after adding the funds?

If your money is still sitting as available balance, you need to re-add the addon.

There will be no extra charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.