cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming add on - AGAIN NOT WORKING !!!

rodineamtu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

very frustating, and I mean VERYYYYYY 😞

So, 10 hours before the expiration of my US roaming add on, while I am still in US, I went ahead and tried to renew the add on.

At the time, the only available option was the $8 for 10 days of unlimited texting. I thought calls are included too, did not pay attention to the add on name.

10 hours later, I realized I can not make calls or receive. so back to the add ons.

This time I paid another $15 for another 10 days of roaming, unlimited calls and text.

The problem is, 12 hours after purchasing the add on, I can not still make or receice calls

I checked the transactions history, both payments are recorded, one for $8, one for $15.

The only thing missing .... is a functional add on that I paid for. 

Why don't you list some clear instructions hor to proceed in case we need multiple add ons in a row, or in other word, what if you need more than 10 days of roaming ??? 

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kensobchuk wrote:

Iam having the same problem they are quick to take my money and never did get US roaming. KS

Did you read my post just above? You indicate past tense...are you back now?

Kensobchuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Iam having the same problem they are quick to take my money and never did get US roaming. KS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougMack wrote:

I am having the same problem- it shows that I paid for it but it's not working. Very frustrating dealing with this company. 

Where is "it"? Perhaps you still have the amount you paid sitting in your Available Funds. If so then you need to go about actually purchasing the add-on. It's an unintuitive 2-step thing. If you see it in your overview page then perhaps restart the phone and then manually scan for and connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

DougMack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem- it shows that I paid for it but it's not working. Very frustrating dealing with this company. 

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ask mods for refund first. Keep the evidence of purchsing and communication to mods (of no answers from them over 48hours). Then dispute to your credit card for charge back.

@rodineamtu  hi at this point I guess all you can do is like you say request a refund good luck! https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rodineamtu

Hello all,

here is an update of my US roaming add on issue that started 2 days ago.

- yes, I wrote 3 messages, 2 of them to moderator_Team, 1 to a moderator that was listed online at the time. As of now, no answer yet after 48 hrs

- no, the issue with the paid add on that is not working hasn t been fixed yet, after 48 hrs.

I can t stop wondering, what if I was to make an emergency call.. well, I guess I know the answer.

So ..Public Mobile, how do I request a refund ?? Obviously I am eligible for a refund since I paid $15 two days ago, for an add on that is not working as it should.

Any ideas ??

rodineamtu

I contacted them already, now I wait .. and wait....and wait some more 😞

Anyhow, I thank you so much for your support and suggestions, same goes @geopublic  & @ShawnC13 

It was worth a try. Sometimes the Public Mobile brain gets confused when you have multiples of the 10 Day US Roaming add-on at play. That's probably the issue here. You'll have to contact the moderators for their assistance...Click this to message them

Let us know when it's fixed and how they fixed it. Good luck.

rodineamtu

2.jpg

1.jpg

rodineamtu

finally I was able to log in, did the Lost - Stolen, Suspend Service - Resume Service, followed by restarting the cell, same result 😞 ... no plan available

@hairbag1 wrote:

I just tried logging in here and it's bogged right down to snail slow. Sometimes during peak times this happens. Try again in a few minutes...it will come back.

I tried logging into My Account just now and it seems to be working a bit faster now.

@rodineamtu wrote:

ooh, on the same note .. of frustration, should I start praying to get an answer in a timely manner ? is any PM reading these messages ? any chance to have a way better and more responsive customer service ???????

@rodineamtu  Since this is a US Roaming add-on with an 10 day expiration date if there are any Mods online @CS_Agent@Andrei_DA  Maybe they can help re-activate the add-on in a timely fashion.

I just tried logging in here and it's bogged right down to snail slow. Sometimes during peak times this happens. Try again in a few minutes...it will come back.

rodineamtu

uhhh, thanks for letting me know. I ll keep you posted as soon as I am able to log in.

rodineamtu

thing are getting better...NOT.

Now I can not access my account, can t log in.

and I got a runtime error: "Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated "

Did not get a chance to to the Lost-Stolen thing 😞

Lotsa customers reporting slow website this afternoon. If you're trying to log into My Account, it may take a few minutes but keep trying.

No problem..this is a common solution method. No negetive impact to your phone or service has ever been reported.

rodineamtu

Are you sure about the lost - stolen thing ? I mean, if I click on that option is not gonna have any unwanted consequences like cancelling the number or the plan or the like ?

Ok then...try this. Log into My Account / Plan & Add-ons...click on Lost-Stolen and Suspend...cycle phone off. After a couple of moments, cycle back on and go back and Resume service, then cycle phone off/on again.

Anything ?

rodineamtu

...yes, I m in the States right now.

Restarting the phone was the first thing I tried, no luck there.

My device is an Iphone 8, single sim.

Thank you for your suggestion.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rodineamtu wrote:

So, 10 hours before the expiration of my US roaming add on, while I am still in US, I went ahead and tried to renew the add on.

At the time, the only available option was the $8 for 10 days of unlimited texting. I thought calls are included too, did not pay attention to the add on name.

10 hours later, I realized I can not make calls or receive. so back to the add ons.

This time I paid another $15 for another 10 days of roaming, unlimited calls and text.

The problem is, 12 hours after purchasing the add on, I can not still make or receice calls

I checked the transactions history, both payments are recorded, one for $8, one for $15.

Why don't you list some clear instructions hor to proceed in case we need multiple add ons in a row, or in other word, what if you need more than 10 days of roaming ??? 

The 10 Day US Roaming Add-ons only work while you're in USA...you are there , correct ?

Try cycle phone off / on. If you have dual sim slot, try sim in second slot, restart phone.

Let us know if anything works.

rodineamtu

including the confirmation for purchasing the add on, I got that one too.

rodineamtu

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

And Yes, both steps completed. First added funds, second selecting add on.

As mentioned, both transactions appear in my payment history, under the ' payments' tab

You did do the two step process correct?  

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rodineamtu

Ok, thanks, I just did, using the link you sent. Thank you !

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rodineamtu wrote:

@rodineamtu If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Moderator.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

rodineamtu

ooh, on the same note .. of frustration, should I start praying to get an answer in a timely manner ? is any PM reading these messages ? any chance to have a way better and more responsive customer service ???????

Need Help? Let's chat.