cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming Add on

sunnya130
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I am going to travel to the U.S. with friends. Their phone numbers are all Canadian numbers. What Add-Ons I should have for the travel? I would like to call and data. Are 'US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)' and 'US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)' enough. Or I should also have 'The US and Canada Long Distance' Add-On.

10 REPLIES 10

Paquirri

Thank you!

@Paquirri 

You will need to contact moderator with all your details.  Moderators are Public mobile employees that can fix account related issues, like billing errors.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Paquirri

Hello,

You have charged me US Roaming Add-ons three times (April 15, April 24, and May 4, 2019). However, I have not bought any Add-ons. Every time I have enough balance in my account, you charge me the Us Roaming Add-ons. So, I do not go AutoPay to avoid you continue charging me. Could you please solve this problem, stop charging me for US Roaming, and give my money back $24 ($8 x 3).

Thank you.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @cshank 🙂

Thanks for being part of our Public Mobile Community. I'll be happy to provide you with the details about that.

That's correct, you can get any of our packages available that are good for 10 days, and once it expires, you can re-add it or choose another one for 10 days more.

I hope you find this information useful, and if you have any further question, you can reach us through private message and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Public Mobile Moderator team

When you buy add-on the first day begins to count immediately... @cshank 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cshank wrote:

I need us roaming for 21 days.  Do I have to keep adding on in 10 day increments?

@cshank 

Yes 10 days at a time....

cshank

I need us roaming for 21 days.  Do I have to keep adding on in 10 day increments?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

how long are you going to the USA for?  there is also the USA talk text and data (250mb) addon.

remember the addons start from the day purchased.

also you can call 18554public from the usa to add addons if you have a credit card on file and if you know the account pin number.

another option i have used in teh past is simply get the data addon and use a voip number like fongo.  while away forward calls to your fongo number,

one final tip download your google maps while on wifi.  taht way you can use them withou data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunnya130 wrote:

Hello

I am going to travel to the U.S. with friends. Their phone numbers are all Canadian numbers. What Add-Ons I should have for the travel? I would like to call and data. Are 'US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)' and 'US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)' enough. Or I should also have 'The US and Canada Long Distance' Add-On.

The US and Canada Long Distance add-on is for you to call US from Canada.

You need the 'US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)' to call from US to US and Candian numbers. You need 'US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)' if you want to use data in US.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@sunnya130 wrote:

Hello

@sunnya130The "The US and Canada Long Distance' Add-On." only works on the public mobile network. It is not for US roaming. You are good with just the u.s. roaming talk package (or us roaming bundle that includes talk ) to call canada.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

As stated in the link above. "Unlimited Canada Wide & U.S. talk"

U.S. Talk or U.S. talk bundle will all call canada while you are roaming in U.S.

U.S. Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Need Help? Let's chat.