cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US plans

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi am going down to the US this monday will be back on Friday, was going to order the US roaming package but my plan renews on Nov 28th, will my roaming package carry over??  would like to know this before i head out Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

krzcnck

@RobertQc wrote:

@krzcnck wrote:

Hi am going down to the US this monday will be back on Friday, was going to order the US roaming package but my plan renews on Nov 28th, will my roaming package carry over??  would like to know this before i head out Thanks

@krzcnckAs long as your service is active and in good standings your roaming add-on will hold true to its expiry date of 10 days regardless of renewal date.

U.S. data roaming in addition to usage based are also time based (10 days) it does not carry over passed its 10 day expiry regardless of how little you used it, like the other add-ons that are strictly usage based that can last a lifetime.

US Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Thank you for the very detailed post!!  @RobertQc

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@krzcnck wrote:

@krzcnckAs long as your service is active and in good standings your roaming add-on will hold true to its expiry date of 10 days regardless of renewal date.

U.S. data roaming in addition to usage based are also time based (10 days) it does not carry over passed its 10 day expiry regardless of how little you used it, like the other add-ons that are strictly usage based that can last a lifetime.

US Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @Carld123,

I forgot mention that it will expire only at the end of it's term, and that's actually a bit different from add-on roll over in it's strict sence of usage.

krzcnck

thanks for the replies

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As long as your plan renews the add on will work for its duration.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @krzcnck,

From what I've read, your addons rolls over.

Need Help? Let's chat.