Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US minutes

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have family in the US. 
I would love to be able to call them.
Does PM offer plans that include minutes to be able to call the US when I want? 

25 REPLIES 25

As all 4 of these threads are about the exact same thing, they have all been merged together.

ljdemont

Okay! Thanks for that info. I really appreciate it.

@ljdemont...another option is to get the 400 minutes of International Calling add-on for $15. You'd be able to call USA as well as a few  select other countries.

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6
Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.
400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela....$15

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes...$8

ljdemont

Yes it is!

@ljdemont wrote:

I'm purchasing the $8 add on for 200 minutes to call the US. 

Here is a scenario: Let's say I have 20 minutes left out of the 200. I decide to make a phone call to the US. Will I get a warning when the 20 minutes is nearly up? Will it simply end my call? Or after the 20 minutes will I experience some kind of overage charges? 

Thanks!

It is a pre-paid service there are no overage charges.  I am not sure if you will get a warning while on the call but the call will be disconnected once you have used up all of your minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ljdemont wrote:

Here is a scenario: Let's say I have 20 minutes left out of the 200. I decide to make a phone call to the US. Will I get a warning when the 20 minutes is nearly up? Will it simply end my call? Or after the 20 minutes will I experience some kind of overage charges? 

Thanks!

No overages here. The 200 minutes will just cease until you get another.

ljdemont

Thanks!

@ljdemont wrote:

I'm going to purchase the 8$ add on for 200 US minutes so I can call my family in the US. 

Is it a one time add on or will the $8 be applied every month going forward until I cancel it? 

It's a 1 time add-on...you use  it until you run outta the 200  minutes...even if that takes several months. Good option for Canada/ US calling when the call originates in Canada.

ljdemont

Thanks for your help Shawn!

@ljdemont wrote:

I'm going to purchase the 8$ add on for 200 US minutes so I can call my family in the US. 

Is it a one time add on or will the $8 be applied every month going forward until I cancel it? 

It is a one-time purchase until all 200 minutes are used up.  It will not auto-renew

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ljdemont

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The US minutes will be available for use immediately and any that are not used will never expire.

It is a two step process - you need to purchase and add it to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

@ljdemont wrote:

I am interested in purchasing the $8 add on for US minutes so I can contact family in the US. 

Does that add immediately or at the beginning of my next cycle? 

It starts immediately. Be careful about selecting the correct add-on. There is one talk add-on that is for use only within Canada and a different one that is only for use in the U.S.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It adds it on as soon as you purchase it and any unused minutes roll over to your next billing cycle.

ljdemont

I am interested in purchasing the $8 add on for US minutes so I can contact family in the US. 

Does that add immediately or at the beginning of my next cycle? 

@GinYVR wrote:

@cellphoneuser1Looks like it is gone from selfserve

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.28.08 PM.png

Thanks. I stand corrected. It was there when I last looked but when I looked now, the plan change page wasn't working.  I thought that it was just the 12GB version that was gone and people got texted about.

@cellphoneuser1Looks like it is gone from selfserve

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.28.08 PM.png

@GinYVR wrote:

@cellphoneuser1Seems $60 plan has been removed from the menu

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.20.45 PM.png

The current $60 plan was never on plan page but it's still available.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ljdemont wrote:

I have family in the US. 

Sure thing...you have option of the 200 minutes of Canada and US calling. Alternative is 400 minutes International for $15

PS...these are add-ons to your basic plan.

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela....$15

@ljdemont...both of these options are add-ons to your regular plan. The beauty thing is...if you haven't used them up by your next renewal...they roll over until you use them up; even if it takes several months to do so.

@cellphoneuser1Seems $60 plan has been removed from the menu

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.20.45 PM.png

@GinYVR wrote:

@ljdemontNo you would need to purchase extra add ons to do that https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

You would want to consider Chatr https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlanBrowse

Yes, Public Mobile does have plans that include it. Both $50 and $60 plans include calls from Canada to U.S. It's unlimited calling too.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont wrote:

I have family in the US. 

Why not use Hangouts to call for free? Do you have data?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont wrote:

I have family in the US. 

Sure thing...you have option of the 200 minutes of Canada and US calling. Alternative is 400 minutes International for $15

PS...these are add-ons to your basic plan.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemontNo you would need to purchase extra add ons to do that https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Edits $50 plan would do it to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

You would want to consider Chatr https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlanBrowse

Need Help? Let's chat.