cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data on a 90days talk/text/data plan?

lwbadea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 90 days  talk/text/data including unlimited talk and text in US. 

Can I use my data in US as well or need to buy add-on for data in US? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there a carrier anywhere that includ3s international, inter contental, or service in outer space without asking you to pay more?

@stonechucker it might depend on your past experience.  I could be wrong here, but I believe within the EU, most/all plans include at least some amount (if not complete access to your full plan features) for no extra charge while roaming in other countries within the EU. If someone had moved here relatively recently from the EU, they might expect a similar friendly-neighbour arrangement between our NA countries.  Even here in Canada, you can actually purchase such plans from the 1st tier providers, albeit at a higher cost of course.  For example, here's PM parent company Telus' offerings:  https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/plans?linktype=ge-meganavs#international-plans and https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/planbuilder?INTCMP=Tcom_Plans_CAN_US_Plan_BAN_Plan_Builder&numP... I think some US carriers also offer plans with "complimentary" roaming within Canada and/or Mexico.

Soooo to answer your question more succinctly (TL;DR):  no it's not unreasonable to think these types of roaming-included plans exist; however, you definitely pay a premium for them, far more than the offerings here at PM, all of which apply only while you're in Canada.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, I understand that’s what is doing it, but come on, you don’t pay for service at any carrier in another country, until you agree to a prompt to add roaming, whether asked or hunted for.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there a carrier anywhere that includ3s international, inter contental, or service in outer space without asking you to pay more?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker people see "international" texting and "USA" in the talk option and they assume and don't look at the details carefully to see those are while you're in Canada.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I’m baffled by this question every time it’s asked.  Why do folks think they don’t need roaming?  Every carrier used to do this, before the idea of including automatic roam like home on the top 3 carriers.

You still need to pay, to play.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you'll need to get a Public Mobile Add-on if you plan on using the phone in USA. Your current plan allows talk and text to US from Canada.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lwbadea wrote:

I have a 90 days  talk/text/data including unlimited talk and text in US. 

Can I use my data in US as well or need to buy add-on for data in US? 

Thanks

You will need to purchase a US roaming addon to use any features in the US.  THe plan you have is only for calls and texts originating while you are in Canada.  Any services you want in the US you will need to Purchase the addon.  

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.