cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US/canada plan ??? not really?

thebirdman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have the US/Canada $50 plan, visited the US this weekend for an event, but was not able the use voice/txt/data....  whats the point?

Not happy as could not communicate with my business or contacts 😞

6 REPLIES 6

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $50 plan is great for you to be able to call people in the USA from Canada without long distance charges. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thebirdman wrote:

As stated...whats the point?

will be down grading the plan and add the US when i go again...way cheaper...

tkx for the reply

The point is that you bought the wrong plan for using inside the untied states in the first place, so the problem isn't with Public - the problem is you bought the wrong plan and didn't read that the plan you bought won't do what you wanted it to do.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@thebirdman wrote:

Have the US/Canada $50 plan, visited the US this weekend for an event, but was not able the use voice/txt/data....  whats the point?

@thebirdman the $50 plan doesn not include roaming in the USA. You would need to the $60 plan https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/60for10GB-3Gspeed

Or to buy add one to roam.

If you go to the USA frequently it is a great plan.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thebirdman wrote:

The $50 plans point is to be able to use in Canada to Canada and the USA.  

What you need is the ability to 'roam' in the USA.  That is achieved by having the $60 plan. 

Details are here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-US-Data-...

The other thing that you can do is purchase a travel add on for your $50 plan.  

You can always switch your plan to the $60 one if you know when you are travelling and schedule it to start on the next cycle.  You can also   change it before you travel losing the days you have already paid for (max 30 days)

The descriptions sometimes for the plans are not very clear and people get confused about Canada/USA calling

thebirdman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As stated...whats the point?

will be down grading the plan and add the US when i go again...way cheaper...

tkx for the reply

GR
Mayor / Maire

@thebirdman the 50$ plan only has calling to the US from Canada!  If you want to go in the US and use your plan you need the 60$ plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.