cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add-on worked like a charm.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All I see in the community is negative reports.

For a change I would like to report a smooth transaction with adding the US add-on.

Judging from the previous threads about failed US add-ons and lost services I was a little sceptical about adding it. What if it didn't work, what if I lost service? I was going on a business trip and had to rely on this add-on. So I just did it and told myself: "If it doesn't work, I will leave Public Mobile. I will need another more reliable service provider."

Adding the add-on was simple:

- Choose the components you like

- Pay the amount with the credit card in your account.

- Then a credit appeared in my Public Mobile account

- Go back and buy the components.

As soon as I crossed the border into USA, service automatically went from Public Mobile to AT&T.

As soon as I landed back in Canada after a few days, service switched back to Public Mobile. 

After the 10 days, the add-on expired and there were no hiccups. Normal Public Mobile service is still up and running.

Phew! I guess I will have to stick with Public Mobile.

14 REPLIES 14

Sorry, I was not clear. Not everything on the forum needs to be totally serious, so if you get a smile from marking a Solution to a comment go ahead. Robot LOL

Although, I do agree markiing one's own post as a Solution is stretching things, unless you have a micro stroke just before the first post and have recovered by the second post. It  happens to me quite often. Robot surprised

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 @ute1978, oh, I hate those emails asking me to select a solution, when there wasn't a question asked!

i ignore the emails!

@ute1978, agree with you.  I have made topics that are just for discussion and have not selected a solution for them.  Even with email reminders to do so.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

isnt necessairly true. Ive just made random topics before (phone reviews, ect) and given a solution (hate to admit it)

ute1978

@Luddite wrote:

@ute1978 Now you can have some fun choosing the response you like best as the Solution! Robot LOL

As this is not a problem, there will be no solution.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ute1978 Now you can have some fun choosing the response you like best as the Solution! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for posting your positive feedback.  I will probably be trying out the addon next month so it is good to hear you had a good experience.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi ute1978,

Sorry to misunderstand your early thread.

Indeed, the add-ons/plan service works perfectly often and it's very rare that there is a system glitch on it. 

Thank for your feedback and being a valuable customer with us. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Cheers

Abdoulaye

ute1978

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi ute1978,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear that you are no longer able to receive text after your 10-days US Roaming probably due to a system glitch.

In order to assist you, please send us a Private Message.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Huh Abdoulaye? I do not have any issues. My thread was a positive thread.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All the negativity is due to those who are successful reporting far less than those who are unsuccessful.  By and large the add on purchasing works.  The only clunkiness is the so called 2 step process.  I have done two add on purchases so far, one with chrome and one with seamonkey.  Interestingly, in seamonkey, it wasn't a "2 step" process but rather two clicks.  Poor coding is probably the cause for different behaviors when using different browsers.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi ute1978,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear that you are no longer able to receive text after your 10-days US Roaming probably due to a system glitch.

In order to assist you, please send us a Private Message.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

ute1978

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978, I also had a smooth purchasing process and use of the addon.  I did experience the not receiving texts issue after the 10 days.  That issue was resolved in like 2 minutes once I messaged a MOD

I have no issues with texts. Probably because I didn't choose this component in the add-ons. I chose talk and 250MB data separately and paid $18.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ute1978, I also had a smooth purchasing process and use of the addon.  I did experience the not receiving texts issue after the 10 days.  That issue was resolved in like 2 minutes once I messaged a MOD

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing, 

Its always great to hear some positive expierences/stories

Need Help? Let's chat.