cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add on stopped working

mikey1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought US add on and worked while driving tthroug Vermont and new Hampshire. But when I got to destination in Maine it tries to connect through Northeast Wireless but says my sim card does not allow connection.

This add on has worked fine for me in the past in NY state.

10 REPLIES 10

@sandpublic wrote:

@mikey1 wrote:

Tried manually again. It wants to connect to Northeast wireless but just say SIM card does not allow access to network even though I have roaming package.

Can a @CS_Agent  help

https://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

https://apn-settings.com/t-mobile-apn-settings-step-by-step-configuration/ 

Please realize that these settings cannot be used on a Public Mobile sim card.  When roaming, you are still to use the proper Public Mobile APN setttings, and not the APN settings of the network that you are connected to.  Also, APN settings won't help someone connect to the network.

I see this as a roaming agreement issue.  As Shawn was saying, Public Mobile customers only have access to T-Mobile and AT&T.  If Telus/Public Mobile doesn't have an agreement with the roaming carrier's network, the connection won't be allowed.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikey1  I think coverage is pretty limited in Maine.  I know several years ago there was no coverage at all available to those of us roaming from the Telus family.  I seem to recall on my last trip to New Brunswick (Oct 2018) when we went across to Maine I was able to get service in at least some areas, but it was spotty.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikey1 wrote:

Tried manually. Only Northeast or Verizon available. There are 2 others with me here in maine on PM and one is working connected to NE wireless. The other is also having issues.

I wonder if it's specific cell frequencies being use (or not). What make/model do all three of you have? Interesting about NE. Maybe those not able to connect can change to HSPA rather than defaulting to LTE. Maybe.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mikey1 wrote:

Tried manually again. It wants to connect to Northeast wireless but just say SIM card does not allow access to network even though I have roaming package.

Can a @CS_Agent  help

https://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

https://apn-settings.com/t-mobile-apn-settings-step-by-step-configuration/ 

@mikey1 wrote:

Can a @CS_Agent  help

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mikey1

Can a @CS_Agent  help

mikey1

Tried manually. Only Northeast or Verizon available. There are 2 others with me here in maine on PM and one is working connected to NE wireless. The other is also having issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikey1 

As ShawnC13 says...this is the problem with the auto setting. Manually set it to either of them and it should continue working...provided it's still current as also mentioned by hairbag1.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mikey1 wrote:

Bought US add on and worked while driving tthroug Vermont and new Hampshire. But when I got to destination in Maine it tries to connect through Northeast Wireless but says my sim card does not allow connection.

It will only work with AT&T or T~Mobile networks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mikey1 wrote:

Has 10 days elapsed since the day you bought the add-on ?

Need Help? Let's chat.