cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add -on roaming package not able to buy?

NBtalker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Currently in the US for a couple weeks and I purchased the US roaming package with talk, text and data (I believe it was $20). I got a message it was expiring, so yesterday, I went through the process of putting the money on it and purchasing the add-on again. But very odd, it didn't work, and the money also didn't come out of my credit card. I went back to try and do it again, but the US roaming bundle I bought before isn't displaying anymore (see pic), it was displaying where the arrow is in the pic, but its gone now. 

Currently still in the US for another week and want to repurchase the add on, does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks!

example.png

7 REPLIES 7

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

@NBtalker if possible add the nessisary funds (via 1 time payment) that way the mods can activate the plan for you..

the work around is to buy  the addons seperatly (ie talk text and data)  It costs a little more but I did it that way because I wanted more data while i was away

Great tips:

1. add funds ahead of time so that the mod can purchase/ add to your account

2. while you can't buy the exact same plan while it is still valid... you can add a specific add-on for the item you ran out of such as the 10-day talk/ text/ data and then add an extra data if you were running out midway on your trip.  

Data saving tips - download offline maps if you are using the phone for gps.  You can also pre-select routes & I think phone cache's that.

Update offline maps or add new ones when there's wifi (like at hotel in evening or coffee place).  Turn off background data where possible (depends on phone's OS but I didn't realize my phone had lots of apps working away/ updating.

Calls - can be made over wifi with apps (such as What's App) or use Google Voice.

Also if you have data, you can use Fongo around the world (i call forward calls to my Fongo before I leave -which is too late in this case..) 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NBtalker if possible add the nessisary funds (via 1 time payment) that way the mods can activate the plan for you..

the work around is to buy  the addons seperatly (ie talk text and data)  It costs a little more but I did it that way because I wanted more data while i was away

@NBtalker, best you message a moderator to look into this then. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NBtalker

Ok, I sent them a message. Thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think there's a lag of about a day.  Best to ask the moderator team to assist with the purchase.

NBtalker

Hi there,

It expired yesterday, about 12 hrs ago, still not showing up?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@NBtalker, yes unfortunately you can't purchase the same addon if your original is currently active.  If it expires today you will see it available for purchase tomorrow well 12 am Eastern Time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.