cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Voice and text

Ckula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the US voice and text add-on and I have been unable to recieve calls to my phone while in the US.  SMS and MMS messages have been working but for the first 4 days I was unable to make outgoing calls.  They just dropped without ever connecting.  I was also unable to recieve incoming voice calls.  They went directly to VM.  I submitted a ticket and it began working correctly the next day. 24 hours later I was again unable to recieve incoming voice calls and now they don't even go to VM, they just ring.

I would like a refund, at least partial, for the 10 day service plan as you were unable to provide the services I had paid for.  If I could actually talk to a human being and explain my issues, that would be wonderful.  Who do I contact or do I just have to file complaints with the CRTC?

13 REPLIES 13

As per an announcement by Public Mobile today, any US Roaming Add-ons purchased From March 13 to April 30 will be refunded automatically (if used) within 7 days:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID-19/m-p/...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ckula "There are no notifications and I get no emails."

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

To enable email notification when you have a private message in your inbox:

1. Login to your community account. 

2. Click on your account icon on the right hand side of the envelop icon.

3. Select My Settings  -> PREFERENCES  -> Private Messenger to enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages"

To get email notification on private messages. Go into your community profile

• My settings : Preferences go to private messenger on the drop down menu and tick receive email notifications for new private messages Click save and you should get them.

Screenshot_20200317-165616.jpg

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ckula 

If a ticket has been submitted, unfortunately,  the only thing you could do is wait for them to get back to you. (24 to 48 hours usually).  I know it sucks waiting but I'm sure they will get it resolved for you.

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why I asked about multiple talk add-ons is that that is a symptom. The moderators still need to fix it and all but it would be quicker to tell them as much.

Edit: notifications...then I guess you turned them off. Maybe for this time you could turn them on.

Are you still in the states? You could use a voip app like TextNow while connected to wifi (or cell data).

Ckula

There are no notifications and I get no emails.

Ckula

I have submitted multiple tickets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By default you would get an email notifying you receiving a private message. Then you come back here and get into the private messaging system.

Ckula

I have submitted a ticket, but I also don't have time to sit on this website constantly watching for a moderator reply, since there is no option for them contacting me through the actual service they provide (voice/sms) I guess I just spend my day here, or I'm SOL.  Fun.

Ckula

I have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ckula- You will need to submit a ticket and the moderator team will work this out with you.  There is no-one to talk to with Publick Mobile. Click on the get help icon and submit a ticket.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ckula PM is a prepaid service there are no refunds. Everything is online here. You can try contacting a moderator and if you are lucky, you may get a partial credit.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that you had purchased two voice components?

You might also want to try scanning for and connecting to one or the other carrier AT&T or T-Mobile. Maybe you're in a weak area for one of them.

Need Help? Let's chat.