cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Travel

johnmacpei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Travelling to the US for a few days. Have purchased data roaming add-on and wondering if I need talk or text add-on when my plan has free international text and unlimited Canada-US calling

17 REPLIES 17

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mian_muzaffar wrote:

HI, 

Yes, I did pay for it. 

With your not answering all questions maybe you could just post your payment history.

Edit: view your payment history of the relevant time period, take a screen snip or capture, edit it to blank out any personal information or maybe also excess unneeded area, post the image here.

mian_muzaffar

HI, 

Yes, I did pay for it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mian_muzaffar wrote:

HI, 

Yes I did buy roaming and paid for it too. 

It would be gone now but do you remember seeing it lower down on your overview page?

Or if you haven't renewed yet since then, do you see at least the amount you paid in your Available Funds? Or maybe have a look in your payment history (or post it here) to see what transpired.

mian_muzaffar

HI, 

Yes I did buy roaming and paid for it too. 

@mian_muzaffar hi so just to be clear ,did you buy a roaming add on for your trip? if not you have no reason for a moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mian_muzaffar wrote:

Thanks for the reply, the reason i am posting now is because I am new to public mobile and I didnt know the medium to contact public mobile, as far as the settings and everythig else goes. Everything was fine. I actually put my partners sim card in my phone to check as she is with Fido and her service was working just fine.. 

For Public Mobile, you need to purchase roaming add-ons to have outgoing service and data in the states.

mian_muzaffar

Thanks for the reply, the reason i am posting now is because I am new to public mobile and I didnt know the medium to contact public mobile, as far as the settings and everythig else goes. Everything was fine. I actually put my partners sim card in my phone to check as she is with Fido and her service was working just fine.. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mian_muzaffar wrote:

I went to US last month and prior to me leavning I paid the fee and activated the account. I however when went to US, I didnt get any service there and hence I feel that my money was wasted. 

I was wondering either If i can get my money back or if you can advise otherwise. 

I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks and Regards, 

@mian_muzaffar  why are you posting now?  at least 2 weeks after the issue? you should have posted when in the USA.  Most times from what i have seen, when the usa addons dont work it is a phone setting not the service. 

Was the addon visable in selfserve? sometimes people think they purchased they addon but they only added funds, (assuming this is not the case as you said paid and activated)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mian_muzaffar 

There's some confusing terminology in your post.

Do you have active service with Public Mobile?

Did you in fact try to buy a roaming add-on?

Do you see it lower down in your overview screen?

Or do you see the amount you paid still in your Available Funds?

@mian_muzaffar hi you are on a public forum you need to contact a moderator with your issue click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mian_muzaffar

I went to US last month and prior to me leavning I paid the fee and activated the account. I however when went to US, I didnt get any service there and hence I feel that my money was wasted. 

I was wondering either If i can get my money back or if you can advise otherwise. 

I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks and Regards, 

stewart1

I just got back from a cruse in Caribbean sea. I made a call from ship back to Canada from us Virgin Island useing US Roaming add on for 10 days . No charging for calls back home.

wonderfull service . Oh yah Recieved text from home .

no lag in talk.

I’m useing a $25.00 plan in BC 

johnmacpei

Thanks

johnmacpei

Thanks guys, will boogie off to get add-on

smp99

Hi @johnmacpei

If you do not have a US roaming Text add on then you will not be able to send any text while there. 

The ‘International’ designation on your current plan indicates you can send/receive text to any number (local or intl) while in Canada  

Carld123

@johnmacpei wrote:

Travelling to the US for a few days. Have purchased data roaming add-on and wondering if I need talk or text add-on when my plan has free international text and unlimited Canada-US calling

@johnmacpei

Calling and texting must originate in Canada..so you will need add ons for each service you will require while in the US

Need Help? Let's chat.