cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Text Talk

brynbamber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchase US Text & Calling today. I looked in my add ons section and I don't see it there but the money is gone from my credit card and from the add on screen. Now I'm in NYC and my phone is not working. 

Please help!

Bryn

9 REPLIES 9

brynbamber

Yay!! Selecting AT&T manually worked :).

Thanks so much!

Bryn

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@brynbamber wrote:

I purchase US Text & Calling today. I looked in my add ons section and I don't see it there but the money is gone from my credit card and from the add on screen. Now I'm in NYC and my phone is not working. 

Please help!

Bryn

@brynbamber  Why is the talk showing up twice? I think that is the problem you can only have one 10 day US roaming talk addon active. To resolve this you need to contact the moderator. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

I see one line item for each of talk and text.  

@will13am  You are correct. Thanks for letting me know I will edit my post, totally misread it.

@geopublic wrote:

@brynbamber wrote:

Please help!

Bryn

@brynbamber  Why is the talk showing up twice? I think that is the problem you can only have one 10 day US roaming talk addon active. To resolve this you need to contact the moderator. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

I see one line item for each of talk and text.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@brynbamber wrote:

Please help!

Bryn

* - You can try cycling phone off/on again.

* - Try logging into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen. Click SUSPEND service and log out. After 5 mins, log back in and this time RESUME service. Reboot phone.

* - Manually select AT&T Network.

Let us know how you make out.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@brynbamber wrote:

Please help!

Bryn

Troubleshooting U.S. Roaming Add-Ons

Q: I’m in the U.S. and cannot send any text messages, make calls, or use my data. What do I do?

A:

• Please make sure you’ve added a roaming Add-On that includes the service you are trying to use. You can verify what’s included in your Add-On by signing into Self-Serve.
  • For data issues, make sure your APN settings are correctly configured. Click here to find out how to verify APN settings.
  • Make sure your mobile device has roaming enabled.
  • If these solutions don’t work, create or sign in to your Community account, and contact our Moderator Team here.

Q: How do I enable roaming on my device?

A: Here’s how to enable for iPhones and Androids:

How to enable roaming on an iPhone:

• Select Settings > Cellular > move ‘Data Roaming’ to the ‘ON’ position.

How to enable roaming on Android:

• Open ‘Settings’.
  • In ‘Wireless & Networks’, select ‘More’.
  • Choose ‘Mobile Networks’.
    • On some Android devices, you may need to choose ‘Battery & Data Manager’, and then ‘Data Delivery’
  • Add the check mark by the ‘Data Roaming’ option.
  • On some phones, the option is called ‘Global Data Roaming Access’: choose it, and then choose ‘Enable Data Roaming Access’.

Edit:  US Roaming Add-ons in your account are correct.  The above are the troubleshooting tips from the PM knowledge base article.

@brynbamberWhat kind of phone do you have? Did you have a chance to turn off your phone  when you travel between Canada vs US? Have you enabled your roaming option? Try reboot your phone or at the last resort, erase your network settings.

brynbamber

I bought the roaming add on.

See screenshot here.Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 10.39.38 PM.png

brynbamber

It shows my add ons here but then I'm in the US and I have no service. See screenshot below.

Please help.
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 10.39.38 PM.png

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

HI @brynbamber Only the roaming add ons allows you to use your phone in the States. The other add on you bought allows you to call and text into US WHEN YOU ARE IN CANADA. Just to clarify, did you purchase the Roaming package?

Also what does the service provider name say on the notificatino bar of your phone? AT&T or TMobile and you have turn on your phone's option to enable roaming right? You often have to reboot your phone, to make it look for new providers.. (another plus to heed Airlines annoucements to turn off your phone when you take off, so when you land your phone have more power and also go through the cell tower location process).

Need Help? Let's chat.