cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Talk add on

MCTIERNAN57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US talk only add on for the $8.00 for 10 days and it is not working. I assumed from the description from Public Mobile that my phone would work for calling while I'm in the U.S. ????

8 REPLIES 8

@MCTIERNAN57 wrote:

I purchased a US talk only add on for the $8.00 for 10 days and it is not working. I assumed from the description from Public Mobile that my phone would work for calling while I'm in the U.S. ????

There is also a an $8 long distance minute add-on. Is it possible that the wrong add-on was selected by accident? What's the name of the add-on shown on your account page?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Firstly, check to see if the plan has been added to your plan and add ons. If not you will have to add it. Reboot phone and enable roaming when at destination. Choose one of US mobile carriers.

@popping wrote:

@MCTIERNAN57 wrote:

Enable roaming and restart you phone after arriving at your destination.  You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.  If not, manually select one.

I believe the roaming toggle is just got data.  OP bought a calling only add-on.  Making sure that there's a converting l connection on the roaming partner network should be sufficient to make phone calls.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

Log into your self serve account and check under data and add-ons to see if it is listed.  If not then make sure that you purchase and added it.  Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Correct.  Buying add-on is a 2 steps process.

1.  Add fund to your account

2.  Purchase add-on.

Then, verify that the add-on is added to your account.  Enable roaming and restart your phone when you arrive at your destination.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@MCTIERNAN57 

Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:

• You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account.
  • Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.

More info available here:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and check under data and add-ons to see if it is listed.  If not then make sure that you purchase and added it.  Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MCTIERNAN57 wrote:

Enable roaming and restart you phone after arriving at your destination.  You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.  If not, manually select one.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Have you enabled roaming on your phone @MCTIERNAN57 ?

@MCTIERNAN57 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.