cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Talk Add on

Greenphase
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just purchased a US Talk Add on to be used from next Saturday. I bought it ahead of time in case I forget to add it later. I don't find any place where I have an option to indicate the start date. I hope it does not start from today. Thanks for the help!!

24 REPLIES 24

eatnb1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tehowennathe wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

@Greenphase wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason, I have thought it would be like Roam Mobility where you can set the date of usage. 

It would be a good feature and help with roaming add on confusion some people have.  Roam Mobility started out with service beginning day you bought. Maybe that feature will come to pm.

@tehowennathe anything is possible, but it's now been just over 2 years since the US Roaming add-ons were introduced at Public Mobile (previously there was just no service outside of Canada at all) and not a thing has changed yet.  So, it's possible, but please don't hold your breath while waiting.

I remember having to use roam mobility because of no roaming.  As long as we have it I'm happy with it the way it is. 

This is off topic a bit, but just as a side note as some people may be interested. I recently started using Ooma internet phone service for my home phone since I cannot get cell service where I live. I have a Ooma app on my cell that will allow me to access my home phone anywhere I can get internet service. A lot of places now have free WiFi available so I can simply use my Ooma app when travelling in the US and make calls through my home phone. Costs me $5.28 per month for this Ooma service and saves a bundle in roaming charges or add on roaming fees. Ooma has very good VOIP quality and does not sound like you are talking via the internet, although there is a slight delay and you must get used to not talking over the other person. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@tehowennathe ditto.  I was going to use RM on a recent weekender to the US but I have no idea where I put the SIM card so I just used my Easy Roam (Koodo) instead.  But yes I used to make good use of RM between signing up with PM in Oct 2015 and the add-ons launching in Nov 2016.

Only way to use RM without taking current sim out is having a dual sim phone .

@tehowennathe I've been dual SIM for a while now... OnePlus 3 from June 21, 2016 through Nov 22, 2017, and OnePlus 5T since.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

StewartMann

@Greenphase wrote:

Kudos to the moderator team for resolving my issues and crediting the amount back to my account. Cheers!!

Now that is the sign of good customer service.     WELL DONE  PM Mods.

Greenphase

Kudos to the moderator team for resolving my issues and crediting the amount back to my account. Cheers!!

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@tehowennathe ditto.  I was going to use RM on a recent weekender to the US but I have no idea where I put the SIM card so I just used my Easy Roam (Koodo) instead.  But yes I used to make good use of RM between signing up with PM in Oct 2015 and the add-ons launching in Nov 2016.

Only way to use RM without taking current sim out is having a dual sim phone .

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tehowennathe

@srlawren wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

@Greenphase wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason, I have thought it would be like Roam Mobility where you can set the date of usage. 

It would be a good feature and help with roaming add on confusion some people have.  Roam Mobility started out with service beginning day you bought. Maybe that feature will come to pm.

@tehowennathe anything is possible, but it's now been just over 2 years since the US Roaming add-ons were introduced at Public Mobile (previously there was just no service outside of Canada at all) and not a thing has changed yet.  So, it's possible, but please don't hold your breath while waiting.

I remember having to use roam mobility because of no roaming.  As long as we have it I'm happy with it the way it is. 

srlawren

@tehowennathe wrote:

@Greenphase wrote:

tehowennathe

@Greenphase wrote:

Greenphase

tehowennathe

They say you by US roaming it's activated the same day. Best option is set a reminder and do it day before or in morning day of trip. Don't do it way before if your going for a while.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The moderators are pretty good with this kind of issue. If you have contacted them and explained the issue clearly and respectfully, my bet is that they will fix it for you. Sit back, relax, and be patient.

GC

Greenphase

Unfortunately that is not the case. The payment has gone through. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked because it seems many people don't complete the two steps of purchasing add-ons. So it was a maybe so as to save the day 🙂

Greenphase

The Add On shows on my Add On list.

Greenphase

Thanks for the link. I have messaged to the Moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greenphase wrote:

My trip starts from Dec 22. Please help to reverse it. I will purchase it a day earlier then.

Hope I will have the time and remember it in the midst of the rush.

Maybe you didn't complete the purchase. Do you still have the amount of money in your Available Funds? Or is the add-on now listed below in the add-ons?

Greenphase

My trip starts from Dec 22. Please help to reverse it. I will purchase it a day earlier then.

Hope I will have the time and remember it in the midst of the rush.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greenphase wrote:

I don't want it to start today. Can somebody please help and reverse it? I checked through the forum and couldn't find anything.

While you were purchasing it, it would have been saying that it starts now.

*Maybe* just maybe the mods might give you some goodwill but people gotta be responsible for what they're buying.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Greenphase wrote:

I don't want it to start today. Can somebody please help and reverse it? I checked through the forum and couldn't find anything.

You can try ask a moderator team to help but there is no automated process to do that and since it did give fair warning and explanation its not required for them to do this for you but you may as well try. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Greenphase

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Greenphase

Yes..addons start when purchased...you cant future date them..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greenphase wrote:

I have just purchased a US Talk Add on to be used from next Saturday. I bought it ahead of time in case I forget to add it later. I don't find any place where I have an option to indicate the start date. I hope it does not start from today. Thanks for the help!!

It starts today. Then it'll expire in 10 days at 11:59pm ET on Dec 22.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Greenphase wrote:

@GreenphaseIt started a soon as you purchased it

"If you need U.S. Roaming, Long Distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase."

"U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On."

Need Help? Let's chat.