cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

mikessime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've purchased the 10 day talk, text, data US roaming add on today, can I literally just use my phone in the US like normal this weekend? I've never used roaming before.

Do I have to "activate" my add on purchase or anything?

Thanks!

53 REPLIES 53

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@duffer900 wrote:

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Will my plan rewn in the usa

And of course, forgot to mention, you would have to have autopay enabled... 

Not correct... as long as available funds are equal to or greater than plan cost, AutoPay is not required.

I was trying to understand what he meant. I was guessing that he meant his main plan if he was in the states. Was kinda vague, took a shot.

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Your plan will NOT work in the US unless you got a 10 day US Roaming Add-on. Public Mobile has these add-ons avaialble for your consideration. They only work for 10 days and start the second you buy them....

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

@duffer900 wrote:

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Not correct... as long as available funds are equal to or greater than plan cost, AutoPay is not required.

duffer900

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

duffer900

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The plan itself would renew using the PM Servers I would think. 

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Will my plan till come if I am in the USA th sat 

@Muldersarah7989 hi there.  I would love to try to answer your question but unfortunately it's not clear to me what you are asking.  Would you be able to re-state your question a little clearer?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will my plan till come if I am in the USA th sat 

johnmacpei

Before a recent trip into Maine, Bangor area, I purchased add-on for data, text and phone. The area where I stayed had limited service(Hermon) but even in Bangor with super service the data service (with TMobile) was far less than stellar, actually got online 3 different times while in service and got booted each time. Texting was ok but spotty, think next time I'll buy a local sim and plan as I've done in the past

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rache115, APN stands for Acces Pont Name.  Basically it is the grouping of settings used by your phone to connect to the provider's network.

You can find the propper settings at the following site:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

If you need more info on changing/setting your APN settings, please indicate the type of phone you have.

Rache115

What is APN? Sorry 😐 

Rache115

$40 with 4.5 gigs anytime minutes text etc and yes I’ve restarted the phone and bought the plan on the 16th when I went to the USA 

srlawren

@Rache115 the message that you've used up the data just means that your 10 days are about to end.  Nothing to worry about there.  However, you should not be prevented from getting your data now at home.  If a reboot of the phone doesn't fix it, then you may need to check that your APN settings are still correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rache115 wrote:

I’m back from the USA and had purchased a 20 data only plan while I was there (it didn’t really work at all... only for my Disneyland app) I’m home now in Canada and can’t get my messages to work on fb and I just got a message saying I’ve used 95% of my USA roaming but I’ve been back 2 days and turned my roaming off..... suggestions?? 

@Rache115:

What is your Public Mobile plan?

Is it active?

What exact day did you buy the roaming add-on?

Can you do all the ins and outs and internet of whatever your plan is?

Have you restarted your phone?

Rache115

I’m back from the USA and had purchased a 20 data only plan while I was there (it didn’t really work at all... only for my Disneyland app) I’m home now in Canada and can’t get my messages to work on fb and I just got a message saying I’ve used 95% of my USA roaming but I’ve been back 2 days and turned my roaming off..... suggestions?? 

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mugsy wrote:

Your trip will probably be over before the moderator replies! Current response time ... About 5 business days

I heard they got it down to 24 hours now!

Mugsy

Your trip will probably be over before the moderator replies! Current response time ... About 5 business days

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mikessime wrote:

I've purchased the 10 day talk, text, data US roaming add on today, can I literally just use my phone in the US like normal this weekend? I've never used roaming before.

Do I have to "activate" my add on purchase or anything?

Thanks!

Just tender it is a two step process to get add-ons so make sure you see it listed in the add-on section and the money just isn't sitting in available funds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mikessime

Thanks! That covers it.

@popping wrote:

@mikessime

People had reported that text does not work after using US roaming add-on.

If this happens to you after coming home from US, please send a private message to moderator for help ASAP.

The issue is not that texting didn't work when you come back from the US.  In some cases after the 10 days are up you may experience where you can't receive texts . You can still send them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mikessime

Thanks for the heads up, will do!

popping

@mikessime

People had reported that text does not work after using US roaming add-on.

If this happens to you after coming home from US, please send a private message to moderator for help ASAP.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mikessime, your US add-on is active the minute the purchase is made.  There is nothing else to do except when in the US to make sure the phone is connecting to the partner network.  Also, make sure roaming data is enabled. 

Need Help? Let's chat.