cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my recent experience using roaming add-ons. I'm editing it from a prior post in another thread.

So I was in the states from the 13th to the 25th. I bought 250mb and texting on the 18th. I did not have to restart. Though I did scan for networks for fun.

I had always understood that day 1 is the day you bought it. So I was expecting it to drop off 11:59pm ET of the 27th. Instead I got a text saying it will expire tomorrow (the 28th).

I had no way to test it out to see if it was still working.

I wanted to see the texting bug for myself. I can still receive but apparently the add-on was still active up 'til sometime today.

I used about 40mb of data. I did a speedtest and it was not spectacular.

So sometime through the day of the 28th the add-ons dropped off. Not at midnight ET. Is it possible that it's actually 10 - 24 hour periods from the time of purchase? I can still receive texts though.

And still after midnight ET.

I'll test again in the morning.

I'll admit that upon my return I changed network from just WCDMA to add LTE. And of course out of airplane mode on landing. No restarts.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text still receives.

It would make a lot of sense if it did turn out to become 10 - 24 hour periods. But it would help all concerned if they fixed the bug.

I wonder if I should add that my tests are PM to PM. Not Rogers et al to PM. Maybe I'll ask my SIL.

Figures...the time I chose to see the bug for myself might be the time they actually fixed it 🙂

Edit: yup. works fine from Fido.

Edit: well there we go...announced as resolved.

Edit: so being careful of what we wish for...we'll see if things work or not next time I or one of us regulars goes to the US.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear progress is being made on this.

At one point (about 6 weeks ago?), I believe texts stopped working when the US Roaming add-on expired and did not automatically restart 24 hours later.

I wouldn't be surprised if PM has been testing the final changes live. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just go for it.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I know they have been working on the texting bug and are hoping to announce that it has been solved.  Maybe they are testing it possible fixes or are seeing how the fix it acting before they announce.

Would they be as bold as to test on the live system?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I know they have been working on the texting bug and are hoping to announce that it has been solved.  Maybe they are testing it possible fixes or are seeing how the fix it acting before they announce.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.