cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

rbickerdike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there, 

I was in the states recently and bought some US Data add on. It ran out in 15 minutes and I wasn't even using it. Has this happened to anyone else? I would like to be reimbursed for it but can't figure out how to contact Public Mobile directly to let them know.

Thanks!

Ryley 

10 REPLIES 10

@rbickerdike wrote:

Thanks for the response... I still they think they should refund if their pre-paid products don't work. 

Unfortunately you may not have been using the data, but according to your statement your phone did.

If Public Mobile gave you what you paid for, there won't be any refund.

The only way you could have prevented this would be to modify your phone settings to limit background updates. You do not want your phone and the apps to have permission to use your mobile data.

Masterandy80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Likewise to what others are saying. I used the add-on US roaming data recently and it lasted well but you really have to manage it - lots of background tasks eat that data and 200MB runs down quick. Turn data roaming off til you need it. I predownload offline maps in Googlemaps for places I visit so I can find my way around without using data, and try to scoop wifi when possible instead. 

@rbickerdike wrote:

Thanks for the response... I still they think they should refund if their pre-paid products don't work. 

I would say that the data worked.  You mentioned in the OP that it was consumed in 15 minutes.  How fast you consume the data is not something that Public Mobile has control over.  It's none of their business how the data is consumed.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rbickerdike  If  your add-on ran out  15 minutes it means you used it up  A system update or backup or watching YouTube can quickly eat up your data.

You can contact PM for a refund but they will check the usage and if in fact you used it up then a refund or credit will not be issued.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@rbickerdike wrote:

Hey there, 

I was in the states recently and bought some US Data add on. It ran out in 15 minutes and I wasn't even using it. Has this happened to anyone else? I would like to be reimbursed for it but can't figure out how to contact Public Mobile directly to let them know.

Data roaming amounts aren't sold in units of minutes used, but rather by amount of data transfered. Which add-on did you take?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rbickerdike 

Which data plan did you purchase? Your phone can use up data without you doing anything.  Did you check your usage history to confirm that the data was used up.  The smaller data roaming package 200MB can be used quite quickly.   

There had to be something in the background running to use the data, maybe a app or software update? Google maps doing live traffic directions?

In any event you can contact moderators vis SIMon the chat bot explain the issue and they will look into it for you..no guarantee they will refund you it's all up to them to decide.

Simon.JPG

@rbickerdike wrote:

@rbickerdikeNo problem. Take your chances with refund by contacting with moderators and explaining your situation in details. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rbickerdike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rbickerdike wrote:

Hey there, 

Thanks!

Ryley 

@rbickerdikePM is a prepaid service provider, and most likely, they will not refund you unfortunately... Successful refunds are for the cases when there was a billing error, and you were charged extra somehow, but not for cancellation of service/addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.