cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

RogueMonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am seeking clarification on the US Roaming packages (10 day). Is the day they are purchased included in the 10 days? Say for example, I order on January 1. Does the package expire on January 10 or on January 11? And does it expire at the time it was added or at 11:59pm. Thanks!!  

20 REPLIES 20

All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RogueMonk wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes, they are activated immediately so that is day 1.  It is also 10 Calendar days and not 10 -24 hour days based on the Eastern Time Zone.  So if you purchase at 1130 PM ET you have wasted day 1 with 30 minutes of service

Not according to the mods: "So the US Roaming packages (10 days) activates at the time you make the purchase and ends 10 days later at the same time. So if for example, you take the package on the 10th of January at 2PM, it will end the 20th of January at 2PM."

Individual mods have been known to be wrong on occasion. I would get a second opinion. It has always been understood that it starts day 1 and ends at 11:59pm ET "9 days" later to equal the 10 days.

RogueMonk

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes, they are activated immediately so that is day 1.  It is also 10 Calendar days and not 10 -24 hour days based on the Eastern Time Zone.  So if you purchase at 1130 PM ET you have wasted day 1 with 30 minutes of service

Not according to the mods: "So the US Roaming packages (10 days) activates at the time you make the purchase and ends 10 days later at the same time. So if for example, you take the package on the 10th of January at 2PM, it will end the 20th of January at 2PM."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

I did use the 1GB and 250MB data bucket. That's all you can use for 10 days, which is sad. 

As for "wifi everywhere" you can't get wifi when you're driving or a passenger in a vehicle. The issue is Public Mobile not letting customers purchase more than 1.25GB in roaming data over a 10 day period.

There's the 250 in the bundle. Then separately 250, _500_, 1000.

Of course no wifi when not at a wifi location.

@iPhone_PM_User  In your situation it's best to consider purchasing a US based prepaid unlimited data plan for the same price as the US roaming addons good for 30 days. Just do a search on Amazon.ca for US prepaid sim. Lots of options to chose from.Smiley Happy

iPhone_PM_User

I did use the 1GB and 250MB data bucket. That's all you can use for 10 days, which is sad. 

As for "wifi everywhere" you can't get wifi when you're driving or a passenger in a vehicle. The issue is Public Mobile not letting customers purchase more than 1.25GB in roaming data over a 10 day period.

@pmcdunnough wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@covairs wrote:

If I need 15 days, can I buy 2 10 day passes at once?

@covairs  No, you will have to let the first one expire before purchasing a second one.

So if your roaming has expired how do you use your phone to purchase a second one?

@pmcdunnough Dial 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC and follow the prompts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

Well it doesn't make sense because it is preventing a sales channel for Public. Users want to spend money to use data while travelling but they're limited to whatever data buckets are available for 10 days? Forget that, I'm going to use the eSIM in my iPhone instead.

You can add the other data buckets. Just not the same concurrently for the duration. I agree that it should drop off when consumed. Alas.

I used a voip program on my phone on wifi when I was last in the states. Wifi is seemingly everywhere. Why can't you use wifi?

iPhone_PM_User

Well it doesn't make sense because it is preventing a sales channel for Public. Users want to spend money to use data while travelling but they're limited to whatever data buckets are available for 10 days? Forget that, I'm going to use the eSIM in my iPhone instead.

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

Why does Public Mobile not let users top up their US roaming data when it's used up early through self serve?

They've never allowed users to remove add-ons. They also block 2 of same roaming add-on becauae it starts as soon as purchased. More flexibility would be good but they don't allow those things.

iPhone_PM_User

Why does Public Mobile not let users top up their US roaming data when it's used up early through self serve?

We recently were on a trip to the USA. We used up our USA roaming data. without roaming data and no Wifi---how the heck can contact a moderator? It's so backwards. 

So basically...if you use up your 1GB USA roaming data in less than 10 days, for example, you're hooped. You MUST contact a moderator to buy more data at this point? This is 2019 folks. Why are we relying on moderators to add more US roaming data, when I should be able to do this myself? 

Really puzzled as to why Public Mobile is making this so difficult.

@pmcdunnough wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@covairs wrote:

@covairs  No, you will have to let the first one expire before purchasing a second one.

So if your roaming has expired how do you use your phone to purchase a second one?

Use wifi to get in your account. I think there'a also a glitch that causes add-on not to be purchaseable for 24 hours after expiry.

pmcdunnough

@geopublic wrote:

@covairs wrote:

@covairs wrote:

covairs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The clock starts ticking on roaming plans from the time they're purchased until the end of the 10 calendar day.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RogueMonk wrote:

I am seeking clarification on the US Roaming packages (10 day). Is the day they are purchased included in the 10 days?

@RogueMonk, Yes.

Say for example, I order on January 1. Does the package expire on January 10 or on January 11? Jan 10, 11:59 EDT

And does it expire at the time it was added or at 11:59pm.  11:59 EDT

Thanks!!  

Like I said when you activate it is day one so if you activate on January 1 it expires January 10 at 11:59 PM ET

@RogueMonk wrote:
Say for example, I order on January 1. Does the package expire on January 10 or on January 11?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RogueMonk
Say for example, I order on January 1. Does the package expire on January 10 or on January 11?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RogueMonk wrote:

I am seeking clarification on the US Roaming packages (10 day). Is the day they are purchased included in the 10 days? Say for example, I order on January 1. Does the package expire on January 10 or on January 11? And does it expire at the time it was added or at 11:59pm. Thanks!!  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.