cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There was a us roaming plan before. It is not there any more. For US roaming, we can only use add-ons now?

12 REPLIES 12

@bros3n wrote:

They seem to be having issues with the US add on when you return to canada. My texting isnt working . the Moderators are working on it, and they are being extremely helpful, but I hope that they come up with a fix for the issue. 

That is a common problem with the 10 Day US Roaming add-on. When your 10 days have expired...your texting glitches out for some reason. The moderators know about it and have said they're working on a fix.

In the mean time...your phone will return to normal on Day 12. If you've already contacted moderators, maybe can fix it quicker though.

bros3n

They seem to be having issues with the US add on when you return to canada. My texting isnt working . the Moderators are working on it, and they are being extremely helpful, but I hope that they come up with a fix for the issue. 

I think the rest of the world are baffled at how much we pay in general for cell service.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

@Tav  the reason the 30$ 1gb data is that much is because it rolls over every month until used up. But I agree it's kinda expensive! 

I was speaking with someone from New Zealand recently who was baffled by the fact that all of our data didn't roll over. That's a bit off topic but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks for the info!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Tav  the reason the 30$ 1gb data is that much is because it rolls over every month until used up. But I agree it's kinda expensive! 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been recently looking into the US roaming packages for an upcoming trip and find it quite strange that 1gb of US roaming data is $20 but 1gb of data is $30. 

I'm glad it's cheap for my trip but it seems like we are getting the short end of the stick with our regular prices. 

@jluong9 wrote:

The US roaming $60 plan was great since it offered data and roaming in the US. It was great since it saved the hassle of getting a travel sim. 

The add ons now are decent some it gives you texting and calling. However I wish they could bundle and make a calling, texting, and data ad on. Rather than paying for them all separately. 

@jluong9  There is...just not a lot of data. Unlimited US calling and texting roaming add on w/ 250mb data =$20 for 10 days.

jluong9

The US roaming $60 plan was great since it offered data and roaming in the US. It was great since it saved the hassle of getting a travel sim. 

The add ons now are decent some it gives you texting and calling. However I wish they could bundle and make a calling, texting, and data ad on. Rather than paying for them all separately. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hlzhang wrote:

There was a us roaming plan before. It is not there any more. For US roaming, we can only use add-ons now?

The us roaming plan was offered from July to October 2019.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Updated-Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-...

Lucky for those who still kept the plan.
Crossing fingers. Hope it will be back again.

For th rest of us, there's only us roaming add-ons.

hlzhang

Sad. Hope they will have a roaming plan in the future.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, the $60 plan had roaming but is no longer available.  Only us roaming add-ons are available.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@hlzhang wrote:

Sad, but true.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.