cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: US Roaming

@kimchurch wrote:

yes, they took my money & I also see the add ons - I have bought this add on before & have had no problem at all

So when you log into My Account / Data and Add-ons...you can see the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on..correct ? Anything else won't work while you're in US.

If it's not working and you've followed suggestions from previous forum contributors, you'll have to contact moderators for their help... Click this to message them

Maybe try cycling phone off / on.

Left us know when you get it going.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes tried restarting it - bought it yesterday morning before I left home, still can't send or phone received a text this morning but could not reply - I have bought this add on 2 or 3 times before & have not had a problem

Mayor / Maire

@kimchurch wrote:

yes tried restarting it - bought it yesterday morning before I left home, still can't send or phone received a text this morning but could not reply - I have bought this add on 2 or 3 times before & have not had a problem

@kimchurch  Make sure roaming is on and maybe try connecting to one of the providers manually to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Already mentioned by others above but I'll leave it just in case.

getting frustrated - messaged them twice - no reply - now in the states - paid $15.00 - tried everything everyone suggested - still can't use my phone - time to find a new provider I guess!!

Mayor / Maire

@kimchurch wrote:

getting frustrated - messaged them twice - no reply - now in the states - paid $15.00 - tried everything everyone suggested - still can't use my phone - time to find a new provider I guess!!

@kimchurch  What happens when you dial 611?

not sure what that is

Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@kimchurch wrote:

@kimchurch  What happens when you dial 611?

I don't think that will work in the states. Maybe try 1 855 4 PUBLIC. Just to see. It's not going to fix the problem though.

Edit: @kimchurch: I don't know if this will work in the states but try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Mayor / Maire

@kimchurch wrote:

not sure what that is

@kimchurch  If you got a response from 611 it would mean that you were connected to one of the US providers. Also, is it possible that your plan was up for renewal yesterday or today?

Highlighted

renewal on the 23rd - it shows I have this add on - so why does it not work?  I have not had a problem with it before, bought 2 or 3 times before

Mayor / Maire

@kimchurch wrote:

renewal on the 23rd - it shows I have this add on - so why does it not work?  I have not had a problem with it before, bought 2 or 3 times before

Sometimes glitches just happen.

Did you try the lost/stolen idea? Or calling 611 or 18554PUBLIC to see?