cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

mikessime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've purchased the 10 day talk, text, data US roaming add on today, can I literally just use my phone in the US like normal this weekend? I've never used roaming before.

Do I have to "activate" my add on purchase or anything?

Thanks!

53 REPLIES 53

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

My account und my stepmom got change then had fraud on it 

@Muldersarah7989 this is not much information to go on

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My account und my stepmom got change then had fraud on it 

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

How do I get a free 40 plan with the black Friday deal do fraud on my old account that got canceled 

@Muldersarah7989  How was there fraud on your old account and when did it get cancelled?  Why would Public Mobile give you a free $40 plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Muldersarah7989  go to a Walmart , superstore or London drugs and get it activated today to get the promo.  Don't forget a refferal code to get an extra 10$ credit on your new activation 

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How do I get a free 40 plan with the black Friday deal do fraud on my old account that got canceled 

kimchurch

THANK YOU - I THINK THY FINALLY GOT MY PHONE WORKING ONLY TOOK ALMOST 3 DAYS

@kimchurch wrote:

FINALLY RECEIVED 1 MSG - SAYING THEY WANT TO HELP - THEN HELP FOR C---- SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN ANOTHER DAY WITH NO MORE REPLIES - NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@kimchurch If you have Wi-Fi download Google Hangouts Dialer to make calls anywhere in North America for free.

kimchurch

FINALLY RECEIVED 1 MSG - SAYING THEY WANT TO HELP - THEN HELP FOR C---- SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEN ANOTHER DAY WITH NO MORE REPLIES - NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimchurch

That's too bad and not really acceptable when you pay for something & it won't work especcially when you need your phone to contact people at home - I will be looking for a new provider, this is just NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

@kimchurchIt can take the Moderator_Team a few hours to a few days to reply.. you have to be patient unfortunately.

kimchurch

no there is no blob over envelope

@kimchurch wrote:

called 611 ok - not sure I want to try the lost/stolen at this time - if their website is all f---ed up

@kimchurch  One last suggestion power down your phone remove the sim wait 5 minutes and see what happens, hopefully it connects to AT&T or T-Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Responses have been a little better now...do you not see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right corner? Or an email notifying you of a reply. Don't answer that email though.

kimchurch

called 611 ok - not sure I want to try the lost/stolen at this time - if their website is all f---ed up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimchurch wrote:

renewal on the 23rd - it shows I have this add on - so why does it not work?  I have not had a problem with it before, bought 2 or 3 times before

Sometimes glitches just happen.

Did you try the lost/stolen idea? Or calling 611 or 18554PUBLIC to see?

kimchurch

renewal on the 23rd - it shows I have this add on - so why does it not work?  I have not had a problem with it before, bought 2 or 3 times before

@kimchurch wrote:

not sure what that is

@kimchurch  If you got a response from 611 it would mean that you were connected to one of the US providers. Also, is it possible that your plan was up for renewal yesterday or today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@kimchurch wrote:

getting frustrated - messaged them twice - no reply - now in the states - paid $15.00 - tried everything everyone suggested - still can't use my phone - time to find a new provider I guess!!

@kimchurch  What happens when you dial 611?

I don't think that will work in the states. Maybe try 1 855 4 PUBLIC. Just to see. It's not going to fix the problem though.

Edit: @kimchurch: I don't know if this will work in the states but try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

kimchurch

not sure what that is

@kimchurch wrote:

getting frustrated - messaged them twice - no reply - now in the states - paid $15.00 - tried everything everyone suggested - still can't use my phone - time to find a new provider I guess!!

@kimchurch  What happens when you dial 611?

kimchurch

@kimchurch wrote:

yes tried restarting it - bought it yesterday morning before I left home, still can't send or phone received a text this morning but could not reply - I have bought this add on 2 or 3 times before & have not had a problem

@kimchurch  Make sure roaming is on and maybe try connecting to one of the providers manually to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Already mentioned by others above but I'll leave it just in case.

kimchurch

yes tried restarting it - bought it yesterday morning before I left home, still can't send or phone received a text this morning but could not reply - I have bought this add on 2 or 3 times before & have not had a problem

@kimchurch wrote:

yes, they took my money & I also see the add ons - I have bought this add on before & have had no problem at all

So when you log into My Account / Data and Add-ons...you can see the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on..correct ? Anything else won't work while you're in US.

If it's not working and you've followed suggestions from previous forum contributors, you'll have to contact moderators for their help... Click this to message them

Maybe try cycling phone off / on.

Left us know when you get it going.

kimchurch

yes, they took my money & I also see the add ons - I have bought this add on before & have had no problem at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimchurch wrote:

i bought the usa talk & text ten day plan thismorning now in the USA & when I try to send a text it says your current plan does not all USA roaming messages

If your phone is not on auto for networks then you'll need to make it scan for AT&T or T-Mobile. Maybe restart the phone too.

Do you see at least the amount you paid in your Available Funds?

Do you see the add-on further down in the Data and Add-ons area?

kimchurch

i bought the usa talk & text ten day plan thismorning now in the USA & when I try to send a text it says your current plan does not all USA roaming messages

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Will my plan rewn in the usa

@Muldersarah7989 if by plan you mean your usual 30/90 day plan that you use while in Canada, it will renew (provided, as noted already, that you have AutoPay enabled or manually load enough credit into your account to pay for the renewal).  If you are asking about your US Roaming add-on(s) instead, those do NOT automatically renew and would need to be re-purchased after your first 10 days if you are staying in the USA longer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@duffer900 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@duffer900 wrote:

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Will my plan rewn in the usa

And of course, forgot to mention, you would have to have autopay enabled... 

Not correct... as long as available funds are equal to or greater than plan cost, AutoPay is not required.

I was trying to understand what he meant. I was guessing that he meant his main plan if he was in the states. Was kinda vague, took a shot.

Well yeah...muldersarah is rather difficult to understand so I think your assumption was fine and didn't need to be corrected quite so harshly by stonechucker.

@Muldersarah7989: Your writing is a little difficult to understand. If maybe English is not your first language maybe you could use Google Translate and copy/paste the English result to here.

Either that or type at length rather than short sentences. There's no space restriction here.

Need Help? Let's chat.