cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

US Roaming

I've purchased the 10 day talk, text, data US roaming add on today, can I literally just use my phone in the US like normal this weekend? I've never used roaming before.

Do I have to "activate" my add on purchase or anything?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Oracle

Re: US Roaming

@mikessime, your US add-on is active the minute the purchase is made.  There is nothing else to do except when in the US to make sure the phone is connecting to the partner network.  Also, make sure roaming data is enabled. 

Mayor / Maire

@mikessime

People had reported that text does not work after using US roaming add-on.

If this happens to you after coming home from US, please send a private message to moderator for help ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up, will do!

Oracle

@popping wrote:

@mikessime

People had reported that text does not work after using US roaming add-on.

If this happens to you after coming home from US, please send a private message to moderator for help ASAP.

The issue is not that texting didn't work when you come back from the US.  In some cases after the 10 days are up you may experience where you can't receive texts . You can still send them

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Thanks! That covers it.

Oracle

@mikessime wrote:

I've purchased the 10 day talk, text, data US roaming add on today, can I literally just use my phone in the US like normal this weekend? I've never used roaming before.

Do I have to "activate" my add on purchase or anything?

Thanks!

Just tender it is a two step process to get add-ons so make sure you see it listed in the add-on section and the money just isn't sitting in available funds

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Your trip will probably be over before the moderator replies! Current response time ... About 5 business days

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mugsy wrote:

Your trip will probably be over before the moderator replies! Current response time ... About 5 business days

I heard they got it down to 24 hours now!

I’m back from the USA and had purchased a 20 data only plan while I was there (it didn’t really work at all... only for my Disneyland app) I’m home now in Canada and can’t get my messages to work on fb and I just got a message saying I’ve used 95% of my USA roaming but I’ve been back 2 days and turned my roaming off..... suggestions??