cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming unlimited talk

Batsheva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to purchase the $8 add on for USA roaming unlimited talk (10 days). I have a few question though before I buy it:

-Does it cover local calls in USA only? Or can u also call to Canada for free?

-Do u keep ure Canadian number?

-And if someone calls u from the US, do they have to call long distance? 

-Does the plan get activated right away? Or is there a wait time?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RKulf wrote:

RE the yes no answer. Didn’t answer or explain. 

I have a Canada wide $15 plan. I will be going to the USA FOR 10 days Will the $8 roaming add on give me 100 talk minutes in the USA .  I need to talk local in the USA and call Canada.  How are the minutes charged?

The roaming add-ons for talk and text are unlimited. Calls to the US and Canada and calls from anywhere while in the US.  Text to and from anywhere while in the US.

@RKulf wrote:

I have a Canada wide $15 plan. I will be going to the USA FOR 10 days Will the $8 roaming add on give me 100 talk minutes in the USA .  I need to talk local in the USA and call Canada.  How are the minutes charged?

The $8 add-on you refer to will NOT work while you are in USA. It's only going to provide you with 200 minutes of US and Canada calling...while you are in Canada only.

You'll need the 10 Day US Roaming Talk & Text Add-on for $15. It'll allow you 10 days of unlimited calling and texting while you are in USA. . Your 10 days start the second you buy it.

U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15

RKulf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will need to go pick it again.  The first time adds money to your available balance, the second time activates the addon.

This is normal operation for all addons.

Lya

Hi

i try to get US roaming unlimited talk, it is the Add on 8$ for 10 days. I paid and it says successful, but I still can not make a call from USA.  How to make it works ?

Wow... almost easier to just do everything via a roaming data package, and use Facebook Messenger!

@srlawren, so glad I rarely travel outside of Canada, let alone Southern Ontario!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous is correct.  For someone in the USA, they are dialing your own number which is in Canada, which is a long distance call.

So if you're visiting someone that lives in the USA and they want to call you on your cell while you're in the USA, to them it's exactly as if you were in Canada, since they are dialing your Canadian phone number from within the USA.

If you're travelling with someone from Canada and both using Public Mobile US Roaming Talk add-on(s), then while the call from the USA (on their phone) to a Canadian phone number (your phone) is technically a long distance call, calls to Canadian and most US numbers are included in the add-on so their add-on covers calling you without any additional cost, and your add-on covers your incoming calls from anywhere while in the USA.  

If you're travelling with someone from Canada and they use roaming with some other provider, your add-on will cover you for calling them and for them calling you, and it would be up to them to figure out if/how their providers charges them for the calls.  Most Easy Roam/Roam Like Home packages include unlimited calling to Canadian numbers, to other numbers in the country you're visiting, and unlimtied incoming calls, all within the $x/24 hour charge (usually $8 now I think for visiting the USA).  If they are on a pay-per-use roaming then you'll have to look up what their provider charges them for the call in either direction.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinhuang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Batsheva wrote:

I would like to purchase the $8 add on for USA roaming unlimited talk (10 days). I have a few question though before I buy it:

1. No. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. I differ with the above post here. They would be calling long distance.

4. Yes. No. Put money in. Buy add-on. Restart phone.

3. Doubt. Like, I have provincial plan, and when I'm in Ontario, I can call any Ontario number but not Quebec numbers currently located in Ontario. So I think it's solely decided on the area code?

That is correct...for you calling out. The OP had asked about people in the states calling them.

But of course...I could be wrong. 🙂

This Knowledge Base article explains everything you need to know about the add-ons, and plans.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Batsheva wrote:

1. No. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Doubt. Like, I have provincial plan, and when I'm in Ontario, I can call any Ontario number but not Quebec numbers currently located in Ontario. So I think it's solely decided on the area code?

Batsheva

Thank you all for your help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Batsheva wrote:

1. No. Yes.

2. Yes.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  1. You can call Canada for free. See here.
  2. Yes of course. That's how roaming works eh
  3. No.
  4. Yes, though depending on situations it could be a 2-step process.
Need Help? Let's chat.