cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming plan dropped calls at 45 seconds

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm in Tampa with a US Roaming plan (talk, text, 500MB) and all calls (to/from Vancouver) drop at 45 seconds.  How to fix this?

Rob

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm really glad to hear that, @ReillyWood!  Ejoy the rest of your trip

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ReillyWood

FYI - that was the problem.  Moderator fixed it and I was able to have a call longer than 45 seconds (although we only tested it for about 60 seconds).

Thanks all for your help and guidance.

Rob

srlawren

I hope they get to you quickly, @ReillyWood--best of luck!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ReillyWood

Thank you.  Already done.  But I think someone said they were busy so I guess it'll be a day or two.  But at least the problem is known.  

I'm not sure how I got two roaming packages.  I recall there was a problem in getting the initial credit, but that seemed to work OK and I only did subsequently buy one roaming option (data notwithstanding).    

Alas, it is what it is and not overly severe just annoying.

Thanks all for your help.

srlawren

@ReillyWood wrote:

So, how to remove one?

@ReillyWood as I said, unfortunately you can't do this yourself, you need to contact the moderator team via private message and wait.  More info on that here:  How to Get Help

Please be careful when purchasing US Roaming add-ons so that you don't get yourself into this situation again.  

ReillyWood

My apologies - you're right.  I was only looking before at the overview screen.  Under Plans & Addons, I see two US Roaming - Unlimited Talk plans.  

So, how to remove one?

srlawren

@Alex888 wrote:
@ReillyWoodMultiple US plans of any type can cause bugs, you will need to contact the moderators.

@Alex888 no, the data ones are fine to stack.  

@ReillyWood sign into self-serve and click on Plans and Add-ons tab. In the lower half ("My add-ons"), do you see US Roaming Talk listed more than once?  If so, this is the cause.  The only resolution is to contect the moderator team via private message as noted in a few resoponses above, and ask them to please remove one of the US Roaming Talk add-ons for you.  Unfortunately, they seem to be quite backlogged again so please try to be patient.

ReillyWood

FYI - I tried this but it didn't fix the problem. Possibly it shortened the timeout to about 20 seconds (only tried one call afterwards).

Edit:  I meant I tried reporting my phone as missing, then removing this, and rebooting my phone.

@ReillyWood wrote:

I've called my wife in Vancouver about 7 or 8 times and she's called me back 2 or 3 times, each time the connection ends at 45 seconds.  In between, I did power-cycle the phone once and looked to see if there were any blatantly wrong SIM/network settings (didn't find any).

If none of these suggestions correct the problem, you'll have to do as previously suggested and contact a moderator...keep your calls to wife at 44 seconds in the meantime !!  😆

@ReillyWood Multiple US plans of any type can cause bugs, you will need to contact the moderators.

@ReillyWood wrote:

I've called my wife in Vancouver about 7 or 8 times and she's called me back 2 or 3 times, each time the connection ends at 45 seconds.  In between, I did power-cycle the phone once and looked to see if there were any blatantly wrong SIM/network settings (didn't find any).

Try calling someone else in Canada and see if the problem continues.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ReillyWood wrote:

I have only one talk/text plan as far as I can tell, but I do have two data roaming plans (one for 250 MB and one for 500 MB - don't ask me why :/).  Might that be the problem?

@ReillyWood  The other posts I saw only mentioned multiple roaming talk add-ons.  Perhaps someone with some more first hand knowledge about this situation is watching and might have something to offer.  If you have tired other suggestions, you might want to message moderators.  Perhaps they can find out what is going on.  Might be a day or two delay in getting a responce due to the heavy load right now.

You can click here to send a private message to the moderator team.

ReillyWood

ReillyWood

I have only one talk/text plan as far as I can tell, but I do have two data roaming plans (one for 250 MB and one for 500 MB - don't ask me why :/).  Might that be the problem?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ReillyWood Try going into your account and reporting your phone as lost, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

If it's still not working properly you can send a message to the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

I'm in Tampa with a US Roaming plan (talk, text, 500MB) and all calls (to/from Vancouver) drop at 45 seconds.  How to fix this?

Rob

Never hearda such a thing happeing. Does it happen on every call or just to that number ? Check on your phone settings. Cycle phone off/on. Let us know if it continues or what happened to correct issue. Thanks

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @ReillyWood  - I read on another post that if you have multiple US roaming talk packages at the same time, this can happen.  Any chance that is your situation?

Need Help? Let's chat.