cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming package date bridging issues.

argon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am travelling to Europe for a 10 day period, my flight however leaves from Seattle Seatac Airport (I m located in Vancouver). I only need two individual days of roaming, but I am reading through the plans that they are only sold in 10 day blocks, and immediately activate when acquired. My needs are only for the day i depart Seatac and the Day I return to Seatac. Is my only option to buy a 10 day option before I leave, and then while overseas purchase another 10 day option for when i return, so the plans over lap?  If there are other options i am not aware of, would appreciate suggestions.

Cheers 

7 REPLIES 7

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
It will be cheaper if you get a US sim card like Roam mobility

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@paulie might be more complicated to implement that with a roaming partner.  I suspect it's more likely we may see some shorter duration version of the current add-ons at some point, but this is purely speculation.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or maybe they should just have a block of time/data usage that rolls over ?   🙂

They have this for the Canada long distance or Addon Data (rolls over).  Would be perfect to get a US plan that rolls over as well (not time based but fits in with usage based).

argon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all the input, I think i will do a hybrid of both. I need calling to coordinate my ride, so getting dropped off day, will rely on wifi, and return buy a data pack and use fongo/whatsapp voip. 

Cheers. Hopefully we will have some 24hr options arriving in the near future, this is what i was used to using a day roam plan, which for 7$ let me access my minutes and data.

Small additional comment: if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com (or Google Hangouts). It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or cellular data). You could call forward your Public Mobile number while away.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if you can survive without it for 1 day on each end Id do that instead, use Wifi hotspots wherever you are and use apps on wifi if you need calls/internet. 

no other option than what you said if you want service, buy 2 10 days when you need them (they do not roll over, so yes 1 when you leave, then one when you are overseas before you return... asuming you are going for more than 10 days)

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@argon You pretty much have it right, you would have to buy two 10 day plans, which seems a little much for only a day each.  Maybe it's worth considering if you can deal with 2 days of not having a phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.