cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

US Roaming not working

Help!

I’m travelling by car and since I crossed the border I get ‘No service’ so it seems my phone can’t connect to the US partner. I tried manually selecting at&t and t-mobile without success. Resetting my settings and the phone didn’t help either. I have an iPhone SE...

I have bought and verified the us roaming bundle has been added to my account. It’s frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t work :(.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: US Roaming not working

I could understand your frustration... @etniopal 

The best thing first is to write a message to the moderator...just to be sure to have an answer before your return...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you enable roaming on your phone? You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on, on your phone.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I could understand your frustration... @etniopal 

The best thing first is to write a message to the moderator...just to be sure to have an answer before your return...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you enable roaming on your phone? You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on, on your phone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the link!

Yes I have enabled roaming on my phone.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

In your network settings make sure you are connected to AT&T or T-Mobile, Public Mobile doesn't have a network in the US, and make sure that Roaming is turned on in settings, it's usually disabled by default.

Highlighted

It just won’t connect to both those networks. It just cycles between searching and no service 😞

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@etniopal wrote:

It just won’t connect to both those networks. It just cycles between searching and no service 😞

Get help when you have roaming issues during international travel
Turn on Airplane Mode for about 30 seconds. Then turn it off again and let your iPhone automatically select the best network.
If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Tap Cellular Data Options and make sure that Data Roaming is on. Then, to check that international roaming is turned on for your account, contact your carrier.
If the date and time are wrong after you arrive, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Make sure that Set Automatically is turned on.
Still need help? If so, here's what to do:
Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Network and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes.
Tap the carrier that you want.
Go back to the main Settings screen and wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the network.
If you still need help, try a different SIM card or contact your carrier for more information.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@etniopal 

Which "roaming" bundle did you purchase?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That happened to me first time I used new phone in the US. Turned out my roaming was disabled on phone. After turning it on and doing a network search it worked like it should. 

Highlighted

I got the voice, text and data bundle.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It looks like a case for the moderator..Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.