cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not working

etniopal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help!

I’m travelling by car and since I crossed the border I get ‘No service’ so it seems my phone can’t connect to the US partner. I tried manually selecting at&t and t-mobile without success. Resetting my settings and the phone didn’t help either. I have an iPhone SE...

I have bought and verified the us roaming bundle has been added to my account. It’s frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t work :(.

56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic wrote:

@etniopal wrote:

Great idea!

The problem follows the SIM card so it’s not a phone problem.

Ok, you should mention this when contacting the moderator_team and asking for a refund.

It might be worth trying the lost/stolen feature toggle. Not sure about it's usefulness outside Canada. Straws are being grasped.

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@etniopal wrote:

Great idea!

Ok, you should mention this when contacting the moderator_team and asking for a refund.

etniopal

Great idea!

sandpublic

@etniopal wrote:

I’m on a data, unlimited text and unlimited prov talk.

My wife’s phone connects no problem to t-mobile (iPhone 6s) so at this point we’re thinking of just forking another 20$ on her account... hopefully I can get refunded on my account since it’s not working.

To eliminate the possibility of there being an issue with your phone what happens if you use your SIM in your wife's phone? If it works the it's a phone issue and not a SIM issue.

etniopal

I’m on a data, unlimited text and unlimited prov talk.

My wife’s phone connects no problem to t-mobile (iPhone 6s) so at this point we’re thinking of just forking another 20$ on her account... hopefully I can get refunded on my account since it’s not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@etniopal wrote:

My funds are back to 0.00 and I can see the add on in the plan and addons page.

The issue seems to be with connecting to at&t or t-mobile.

What plan are you on for normal use in Canada?

Edit: @etniopal: What are the chances you're in an area that doesn't have coverage from those two providers?

etniopal

My funds are back to 0.00 and I can see the add on in the plan and addons page.

The issue seems to be with connecting to at&t or t-mobile.

sandpublic

@Anonymous wrote:

@etniopal wrote:

I got the voice, text and data bundle.

How about a screenshot of your overview page.

Does the amount (or more) of the add-on cost still exist in your Available Funds?

If so then you still need to actually purchase the add-on after just putting the money in.

Edit: @etniopal: And of course...restart the phone.

Also, you can call 18554public from the usa to add addons if you have a credit card on file and if you know the account pin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@etniopal wrote:

How about a screenshot of your overview page.

Does the amount (or more) of the add-on cost still exist in your Available Funds?

If so then you still need to actually purchase the add-on after just putting the money in.

Edit: @etniopal: And of course...restart the phone.

sandpublic

@etniopal wrote:

Still no luck, here’s what my settings look like:3953CB0A-57A5-48C0-A0F4-1C4CC237962B.png

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Network and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes.
Tap the carrier that you want.
Go back to the main Settings screen and wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the network.

sandpublic

@etniopal wrote:

It just won’t connect to both those networks. It just cycles between searching and no service 😞

Get help when you have roaming issues during international travel
Turn on Airplane Mode for about 30 seconds. Then turn it off again and let your iPhone automatically select the best network.
If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Tap Cellular Data Options and make sure that Data Roaming is on. Then, to check that international roaming is turned on for your account, contact your carrier.
If the date and time are wrong after you arrive, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Make sure that Set Automatically is turned on.
Still need help? If so, here's what to do:
Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Network and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes.
Tap the carrier that you want.
Go back to the main Settings screen and wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the network.
If you still need help, try a different SIM card or contact your carrier for more information.

etniopal

Agreed, that seems to be the problem.

etniopal

I have iOS 11.3

etniopal

Still no luck, here’s what my settings look like:3953CB0A-57A5-48C0-A0F4-1C4CC237962B.png

It looks like a case for the moderator..Smiley Frustrated

sandpublic

@etniopal wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply but I must have a different version of iOS. I only see an option for data roaming and to enable LTE.

iOS 10.3.2.

etniopal

etniopal

It just won’t connect to both those networks. It just cycles between searching and no service 😞

etniopal

Thanks for the detailed reply but I must have a different version of iOS. I only see an option for data roaming and to enable LTE.

etniopal

Thanks for the link!

Yes I have enabled roaming on my phone.

sandpublic

Step 1: Tap the Settings icon.

se1.jpg

Step 2: Select the Cellular option.

se2.jpg

Step 3: Choose the Cellular Data Options button.

s3.jpg

Step 4: Touch the Roaming button.

se4.jpg

Step 5: Tap the button to the right of Data Roaming to turn it onf. You can also elect to turn on Voice Roaming as well. 

se5.jpg

Hope this helps!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@etniopal wrote:

Help!

I’m travelling by car and since I crossed the border I get ‘No service’ so it seems my phone can’t connect to the US partner. I tried manually selecting at&t and t-mobile without success. Resetting my settings and the phone didn’t help either. I have an iPhone SE...

I have bought and verified the us roaming bundle has been added to my account. It’s frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t work :(.

As suggested a few times...make sure roaming is enabled on your SE. Please let us know if the problem still exists or if it's now working. Good luck.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That happened to me first time I used new phone in the US. Turned out my roaming was disabled on phone. After turning it on and doing a network search it worked like it should. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@etniopal 

Which "roaming" bundle did you purchase?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

In your network settings make sure you are connected to AT&T or T-Mobile, Public Mobile doesn't have a network in the US, and make sure that Roaming is turned on in settings, it's usually disabled by default.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I could understand your frustration... @etniopal 

The best thing first is to write a message to the moderator...just to be sure to have an answer before your return...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Did you enable roaming on your phone? You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on, on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.