cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not activating

Greg7vl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve added twice now the US Roaming add on. I first added the talk and text for $15 but when I arrived in the US my phone would work ( I’ve done this in the past with no issues and have all my settings correct). So I added another plan with talk/ txt and 250 mb data for $20 and phone still doesn’t work

any suggestions? How do I get a moderator to look at my file?

thx

greg 

17 REPLIES 17

Greg7vl

Yes the moderators were great

i put an add on the next week and it worked flawlessly

i did manually select the AT&T network.. not sure if that made a difference 

thanks for the advice 

@Greg7vl 

I am assuming the moderators finally got back to you and reset your account and added the roaming add on once again? It is now working without issue?

@AE_Collector 

-sigh-*

@Greg7vl....

watch the little envelop icon on top right side of the page...it'll be highlighted when the moderators respond to you.

Greg7vl

It’s not ‘against the rules’ as I am a pilot and it’s my job..

I added this on a month or so ago no problem

ill be back there Wednesday and hope it will work. No response from the moderator yet

@softech wrote:

wonder if anyone can sure their successful experience with US roaming. .just want to see how is the usual experience.. wonder if something wrong on Telus side .. or if we missed something to have a seamless run.. 

Pre-March 2020, I used the 10 Day US Roaming options probably once or twice per month. Never had a problem. Just hafta follow the instruction.(2 step process to acquire) ...which can be kinda confusing the first time around. For the weekend trips to US, it's a great option for PM to offer traveling shoppers / campers / etc.

Post-March 2020...haven't been to US. Doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.

wonder if anyone can sure their successful experience with US roaming. .just want to see how is the usual experience.. wonder if something wrong on Telus side .. or if we missed something to have a seamless run.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

With a few people escaping (against the rules), there's been a bit of a rash of these roaming problems recently. I wonder if Telus forgot to pay the royalties to the carriers. New year and all that.

@darlicious wrote:

@Greg7vl 

Uh oh now you definetly need a moderator. Are both roaming add ons showing in your overview? Having 2 talk roaming add ons effectively cancel each other out.

Edit: Either use simon to open a ticket or send a private message detailing your issue. Ask that they remove one of the add ons and credit back the cost to your balance. Once that is fixed reboot your phone and manually choose either at&t or T-mobile.

Edit: I just saw your latest post so the above does not apply to your situation but not using simon is still my suggestion.

@fredfor 

If you have the exact same problem as @Greg7vl  and as @Jb456  has asked you....see my reply above for the answer. You needed to tell the moderator the actual issue by giving as much detail as possible. I dont like simon.....now you know one of a myriad of reasons i dont deal with him.

fredfor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

> do you have two or more USA add-ons in your account? If so that would cause it not to work..

I have the $20 talk/text/data US roaming add-on (it is the only US roaming add-on on my account), I purchased it the same way as I have many times in the past when travelling to the USA (and I'm using the same phone). The US roaming add-on has always worked in the past.

When I try to place a call or send an SMS, I get a message from Public Mobile saying that I don't have a US roaming add-on and that I have to purchase one.

When I check my self-service account, it clearly shows that I have the $20 talk/text/data US roaming add-on (and Public Mobile charged me for it).

I have rebooted my phone, I have tried to automatically select the network, I have tried to manually select the AT&T network, I have tried to manually select the T-Mobile network, I have taken the SIM card out and put it back in. I have roaming turned on. I have tried with LTE and without LTE.

@fredfor  do you have two or more USA add-ons in your account? If so that would cause it not to work..

fredfor

> What method are you using to make a service request? Are you including enough inf o

to prioritize your request? Responding promptly?

I created a ticket when the problem occurred - no response.

I created a second ticket many hours later - no response.

I created a third ticket many hours later - no response.

The next day (day 2) I noticed many other users had reported the same problem in the forums. I sent them PMs asking if they had received a response from Public Mobile - none of them had.

The next day (day 3) I created another ticket - no response.

The next day (day 4) I finally got a response, the moderator asks me to do a few things (take sim card out, reboot phone, manually select AT&T/T-mobile - I had already done all of that, which I had put in my ticket), but the issue still isn't resolved. Moderator is looking in to it.

Today (day 5) I notice that Greg7vl reports the same problem. My problem still occurs.

@fredfor @Greg7vl 

I personally dont deal with simple simon. I choose to send all inquiries thru private messaging.

1.  Request #1. Dec. 29th sent at 9:42 am pst
  2. Mod replied.....10:04 am pst 3 replies. Resolved in less than 1 hour.
  3. Request #2. Dec. 31st sent at 8:39 pm pst. Update sent at  8:52 pm pst telling mods the main issue was resolved. Being New Years Eve they may not have been working til midnite (9pm pst).
  4. Jan. 1st. Open at 5am pst. Mod replied at 7:27 am pst. 2 replies 1 hr apart. Resolved at 10:20am pst. Resolved in less than 3 hours.

What method are you using to make a service request? Are you including enough inf o

to prioritize your request? Responding promptly?

fredfor

> The wait time is 1 to 3 hours this past couple of weeks.

LOL. I have the exact same issue as Greg7vl (and many others have reported the same issue in the forums).

It took 3 days to get any response from a moderator, and US roaming still isn't working.

Good luck...

@Greg7vl 

If using private message include along with your message:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Phone #, email and pin#.

Keep an eye on your private messages for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. The wait time is 1 to 3 hours this past couple of weeks.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi there,

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

But it sounds like you successfully did this before so contact the moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Greg7vl 

You'll need to reach out to moderators. 

Simon.JPG

  

Or private message them at link below. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Greg7vl 

Uh oh now you definetly need a moderator. Are both roaming add ons showing in your overview? Having 2 talk roaming add ons effectively cancel each other out.

Edit: Either use simon to open a ticket or send a private message detailing your issue. Ask that they remove one of the add ons and credit back the cost to your balance. Once that is fixed reboot your phone and manually choose either at&t or T-mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.