cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not Working!

zainabn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I purchased a US roaming talk/text and data 250mb last night while I was still in Canada. I am now in NYC, but only the data is working. 

I am not getting any incoming calls (all going straight to voicemail), if i try to call someone/anyone in CA or US, I hear nothing- not even a single tone. 

I checked my add-ons and it does show that talk text is active as well, but it isnt actually working.

I have activated roaming in data, restarted phone a few times- but nothing is fixing this. I can see the T-Mobile logo, so it is detecting the network.

Please help!

25 REPLIES 25

amanbal673

thanku for updating.. issue will be resolved ahortly

@CS_Agent 

Hi Lucien,

Thanks for reaching out to help solve the issue with the US roaming add ons that several pm customers have encountered. Care to share the issue affecting the roaming add ons? It would be helpful for us to advise others.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@Joyce

Thanks for letting us know that the issue had been fixed, if you have any future situations don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Lucian PM Mod

TriJK

It should be verified.

Joyce

SpunkyGeek

My issue has been resolved. Thanks!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@zainabn

Lucian here and thank you for reaching us! I will be more than happy to assist you today!

In order to be able to access your account please complete the verification of the link bellow:

https://bit.ly/3ndUzMF

Regards

Lucian PM Mod

zainabn

yes!

SpunkyGeek

Yes, I started the chat bubble and got ahold of a moderator. They finally fixed my issue.

@Gizmo1202 

Have you opened a service request ticket to contact the moderators? They obviously need to fix it from their end . Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen to send a request via simon or send a private message thru your mailbox the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

Gizmo1202

Both carriers have been tried with no resolution. The add on was for the $20/10day full service voice/text/data. Thanks 

johncbennett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The moderators were able to get my service working: I now have talk/text/data in the US.

TextNow is a great idea: I use it in conjunction with my service, but of course, it appears as a separate number.

John

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Guys in the interim while you wait for moderators. Download the app TEXTNOW.

Free Canadian number in your area to call and text Canada & USA numbers for free over data or WiFi anywhere in the world. If not connected to internet people can even leave you a voicemail for when the next time you come online.

More details about TEXTNOW on link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

@Gizmo1202  only one add-on purchased? 

Have you tried manually switching networks from ATT to T-Mobile or vice versa?

Gizmo1202

I’ll add one more user to the list of travellers to the US whose purchased roaming add-on is not working. Shows as active and paid in my Public account.

Steven_Doll

Agreed. Seems that there is just a glitch in the system that is only being found out now that travel increased over the holidays.

@Catherine_T 

There seems to be a larger issue here that is not getting resolved nor do the moderators seem to understand the issue. Individually or the bigger picture.

SpunkyGeek

I've had the exact same problem! Apparently, there have been lots of other people having the same problem too! I've been activated and been using my phone and plan since September 2020. Yesterday, I purchased the US Roaming Talk and Text package as I've done before. Today, I got a text from Public Mobile saying that I can't text while in the US and to add a plan. I logged into my account and yes, it does show my add-on that I purchased. However, I tried to send only 3 texts to see if it worked. But still got the same text saying I can't. Now I am getting that same text every few minutes even though I'm not texting! Hope they fix this issue soon! I rely on texts while in the US.

johncbennett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue: Bought Talk/Text/Data before leaving Canada. Arrived in Florida with only data working. No calls or texts out, and continual messages from Public Mobile saying "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US", as well as telling me that I do not have a US calling plan added to my account. But, I have confirmed it has been added, and the data portion works.

I've done US roaming a dozen times before, and my phone is set up to allow roaming.

@zainabn 

You do have roaming turned on in your phone?

@zainabn wrote:

thank you!

its sad im 24hrs in and it hasnt even worked but im down 1 day, plus now the ticket team takes 24 hrs to get back when i need this for interviews asap 😞

@zainabn   Usually the moderator response time is within an hour or two unless there's a backlog of issues they're dealing with.  I also wanted to mention that other users often recommend that you download TalkNow app which allows for free talk/text as long as you're connected to the internet. 

@zainabn wrote:

thank you!

its sad im 24hrs in and it hasnt even worked but im down 1 day, plus now the ticket team takes 24 hrs to get back when i need this for interviews asap 😞

@zainabn   Sorry to hear that, yeah Public Mobile can let you down at the worst time (occasionally).  Make sure to mention that you've lost a day of service already when you submit your ticket/message to moderators.  Good luck.

zainabn

thank you!

@zainabn wrote:

Wow, so i manually shifted to AT&T, and tried calling a number in Canada. It says your call could not be completed because you have not purchased a US Roaming Addon?! Are you kidding me, it says in my account that its active!

@zainabn   That does sound strange if you see the correct roaming add-on in your account.

There seems to be a few other posters having issues with the US roaming recently for some reason, so I'd suggest you contact moderators either via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen or click the envelope icon top right (next to your avatar) and send a private message to Moderator_Team to take a look at your account.

zainabn

Wow, so i manually shifted to AT&T, and tried calling a number in Canada. It says your call could not be completed because you have not purchased a US Roaming Addon?! Are you kidding me, it says in my account that its active!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@zainabn wrote:

Hi

I purchased a US roaming talk/text and data 250mb last night while I was still in Canada. I am now in NYC, but only the data is working. 

I am not getting any incoming calls (all going straight to voicemail), if i try to call someone/anyone in CA or US, I hear nothing- not even a single tone. 

I checked my add-ons and it does show that talk text is active as well, but it isnt actually working.

I have activated roaming in data, restarted phone a few times- but nothing is fixing this.

Please help!

@zainabn   Can you try manually selecting either AT&T or T-Mobile.  Sometimes one network can have a better signal than the other depending upon your location.

Need Help? Let's chat.