cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming bundle expired and need to wait for another 24 hours before repurchasing?

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First of all, I am sorry that I am repeating topics here. I did a search here and found someone experienced the same thing I am experiencing right now, but the post was in 2017. We are in 2019 now. I just wonder if this issue has been fixed yet. Here is my experience:

I bought a US roaming talk, text, data bundle on Jan 23. Got a text saying that the add on would expire today (Feb 2). So here I am, wanting to purchase the same bundle but when I go onto the self serve portal, the talk, text, data bundle is not available. The 2017 post I searched here talked a 24-hour wait before repurchasing the same bundle. Is it still true?

6 REPLIES 6

Kidmui

Thanks everyone. I didn't want the other add-ons, so I waited. And it works now.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

I am not sure how it can be changed without defeating the current default which is to prevent customers from buying concurrent timed add-ons.  It is a choice between preventing unintentional purchasing the same add-on and intentionally trying to purchase the same add-on.  

Not disagreeing, because I agree, but they still allow you to have 2 US voice add-ons simultaneously, which causes both to fail.

I've now had two friends find service not working after buying the voice+text+data add-on, and while they can't buy the same one again, PM was happy to offer (and sell) them talk, text, and talk+text add-ons. Obviously they shouldn't have done it (especially having consulted me first 🙂 but their instinctive reaction was that the first purchase failed, and since PM was offering them another voice add-on, it was a reasonable throw-money-at-it solution to arriving with no talk. (Yes I think they probably needed a power cycle, or wait 5min, but when you need a phone, you need a phone).

Meanwhile they block having the same add-on twice, which might actually be useful in some cases (e.g. buy 2x1GB), especially the next day. I realize it's not my place to specify coding changes, but putting (say) a 30min delay on buying the same add-on twice would be more useful IMHO.

=aw

AustinLee

The wait still exists but other bundles are still available

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kidmui, the add-on purchase behavior has not changed.  I am not sure how it can be changed without defeating the current default which is to prevent customers from buying concurrent timed add-ons.  It is a choice between preventing unintentional purchasing the same add-on and intentionally trying to purchase the same add-on.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Kidmui yes you have no choice Smiley Frustrated...or the choice you have is to buy for a different one as @Alex888 said...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Yes, you will have to wait, but you should be able to purchase a different US bundle instead.
Need Help? Let's chat.