cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming and data not working

Jemez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a talk & text & 1Gig data for US last Friday. Came to US Sat, everything was fine. Yesterday texting stopped working, I restarted phone and it was ok. Today, I have no data working, can't call, and I've restarted phone twice with no luck.

I'm travelling for work and really need my phone working, what can I do?

13 REPLIES 13

Jemez

Now that I'm back from my trip I thought I should update this. To clarify, I had unlimited talk/text and text wasn't working. I verified in my account that it was listed in my account. It worked ok for a couple days, then became intermittent in the same locations.

There were some comments that I might have been in an area with poor reception. I was seeing issues in various locations, and the reception should have been fine. Outgoing texts failed to send about half the time. I tried manually connecting to AT&T LTE but that failed to connect. T-Mobile was the only one I could connect to. Manually connecting didn't help either.

My guess is it was related to the networks in my location, when I did this in San Jose last month it was fine.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jemez wrote:

To update, I purchased 5 days ago. Add ons worked for a few days then stopped. I've used 100M of the data.

It started working again seemingly randomly. 

Sounds that you might have been in an area with poor reception/connectivity. Glad to hear that it is working.

Jemez

To update, I purchased 5 days ago. Add ons worked for a few days then stopped. I've used 100M of the data.

It started working again seemingly randomly. 

Jemez

To update, I purchased 5 days ago. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am 

It was interesting observing when I was in the states in January. I did not buy any add-ons but I turned on roaming and was on auto and connected to AT&T. Then sometime else I saw that I was on T-Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could it be that at the particular location, the coverage is spotty.  The service requires connection to the roaming partner network.  A last Friday purchase should not have expired yet.  Since text and calling is not metered, there is no way to run out prior to the add-on expiring.  Data usage is a different story.  But it seems like a connection issue as it is a common cause to everything failing. 

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jemez wrote:

I purchased a talk & text & 1Gig data for US last Friday. Came to US Sat, everything was fine. Yesterday texting stopped working, I restarted phone and it was ok. Today, I have no data working, can't call, and I've restarted phone twice with no luck.

US Roaming & data addons are valid for 10 days so if you purchased it on Feb 22nd then it expired so you need to purchase a new one.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping It's possible the customer ran out of data, but I think the Talk & Text plan offers unlimited minutes. Think we'll have to wait till @Jemez provides more info.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jemez wrote:

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your US roaming add-on still showing on your overview page?

If the overview page does not show any US roaming add-on, you may have used all the minutes and data on your add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jemez 

Yes. Which network are you connected to? If manually set then try auto. It should pick up either T-Mobile or AT&T.

steff12321

@Jemez Dumb question, but by last Friday, do you mean the Friday that just passed or the one before that? The roaming is activated when you add it to your account, not when it is first used. 

lheintzman

Have you stayed in the same location since everything was working Saturday or have you been moving to different settings?  Which US network are you connected to? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

They should but do the addon show in self serve?

Need Help? Let's chat.