cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming/WiFi?

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey guys! 

I hope February has been treating you well!

So, I am taking two trips to NY this year; first in March, and the second in May. 

I was wondering if I would need to purchase a US add-on, when in all reality, I will not be using my phone for anything besides taking videos and pictures. I will be turning my phone to Airplane Mode for the duration of both trips, and only activating WiFi whilst at my friends place, to communicate with the friend who will be looking after my cat whilst I am away. 

I have tested all features on my iPhone, and it will allow me to cut off all regular communications while having WiFi on. 

That being said, will having Airplane Mode turned on during the trip, and only activating WiFi on a home network, keep me from accruing unnecessary roaming/data charges? I just want to be 100% certain that I've sussed it. 

Thanks for your time! 

2 REPLIES 2

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That's absolutely fantastic then hah.
I'll use the WiFi to connect while I am over there then, and not have to worry about anything else. Excellent!!
Thanks love!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile doesn't charge overages after the fact.

You buy all your services before you can use them. If you don't buy a US add-on, your phone / PM SIM just doesn't connect to a network in the states.

(Putting the phone in airplane mode will likely help with battery life though.)

Need Help? Let's chat.