cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Unlimited Talk & Text + Data?

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All,

Heading to the US again for 5-6 days. Since my bf and I will be separated during the day for the first couple days of the travel, and he's given my phone number as an emergency contact (he's off training for work) I'm looking to add the US roaming unlimited talk & text. There isn't a package that comes with enough Data (for me to use google map while I roam the city myself). So my question is...

This might be a silly question but, does PM let you do each add-on separately?

I'm thinking $15 for unlimited Talk & Text Bundle + $20 for 1G data

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren well if that's what they're thinking, I'm wrong!! 😂

GC 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Yes, you can stack the add-ons.  

@GreatCanadian usually when people talk about stacking them, they mean multiple of the same type rather than the talk+text plus a separate data.  I think.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, you can stack the add-ons.  I have purchased the Talk Text and Data bundle, along with the 1 GB data add-on at the same time. that will be plenty to get you through your trip. Make sure you don't purchase them too far in advance. If you are going for 5 days, wait until 3 days or so before your trip to purchase (or the day of). They expire after 10 days, but are activated immediately on purchase. The day of purchase is considered Day 1.

Download your google maps so you can use them offline. Works great.

GC

Noosiekins

PS... Interesting how there's now a button for "accepted solution"... Shows I haven't been in the community for a while Smiley Surprised

Noosiekins

@will13am wrote:

If video is avoided, 1 GB is plenty of data for 5-6 days.  This consumption rate equates to 5GB per month.  Most cell plans have less data than that.  If needed multiple add-ons can be purchased at the same time.  The same add-on cannot be purchased more than once.  All add-ons start at time of purchase.  There is no way to defer the start time. 

yeah..I know...I hardly go over 1G a month...BUT I went on an overnight trip back in November and it sucked 250mb by the end of the day. 

Noosiekins

Yeah...I did the download thing last time too... but then I also checked work e-mails... so I figure it's best to get the full 1G.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Noosiekins wrote:

Hi All,

@Noosiekins I can personally confirm that this combination of two add-ons works without issue.  I've used it several times in the past and is a sensible way to purchase all 3 services if you need more than the 250mb in the $20 bundle.  Enjoy your trip!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RobertQc, thanks for posting that.  I've never used it, as the only time I've been to the states since getting my first cell phone was 2 years ago, and it was just to get to the Kate Spade outlet store in New York State so my girlfriend could get a wallet.

Nice wallet.  Lousy drive.

@stonechucker wrote:

Ummm.... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the US-Roaming addons could not be stacked (ie 2 or more of the same one).

I agree they can be purchased each on their own, (ie talk+text, and a data).  Also, as they take 10 days to expire, you can not purchase the same one a second time in the 10 day period, unless contacting Public Mobile to have the 1st one removed.

If you're right public mobile needs to get their heads on straight and stop misinforming customers.

But brooke says you can.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

@Brooke_C wrote:

• You can choose an Add-On with just one of the services or a combination. 

2. I need more than 1GB of data while roaming. What do I do?

Not a problem. You can buy more than one U.S. Roaming Data Add-On if you find you need more data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If video is avoided, 1 GB is plenty of data for 5-6 days.  This consumption rate equates to 5GB per month.  Most cell plans have less data than that.  If needed multiple add-ons can be purchased at the same time.  The same add-on cannot be purchased more than once.  All add-ons start at time of purchase.  There is no way to defer the start time. 

Ummm.... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the US-Roaming addons could not be stacked (ie 2 or more of the same one).

I agree they can be purchased each on their own, (ie talk+text, and a data).  Also, as they take 10 days to expire, you can not purchase the same one a second time in the 10 day period, unless contacting Public Mobile to have the 1st one removed.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Noosiekins wrote:

Hi All,

Heading to the US again for 5-6 days. Since my bf and I will be separated during the day for the first couple days of the travel, and he's given my phone number as an emergency contact (he's off training for work) I'm looking to add the US roaming unlimited talk & text. There isn't a package that comes with enough Data (for me to use google map while I roam the city myself). So my question is...

This might be a silly question but, does PM let you do each add-on separately?

Thanks!

You can download "offline" maps with google you won't get live traffic data but it costs nothing. You go into google maps and click settings then click "offline maps" and choose the area you will be in. Lets you download a huge area at once. You can also download multiple areas. The map is good for 30 days and will have everything in the area you choose. Very helpful feature.

I have never done it but an official public mobile employee says you can.  Here is a quote from an official public mobile employee

@Brooke_C wrote:

• You can choose an Add-On with just one of the services or a combination. 

2. I need more than 1GB of data while roaming. What do I do?

Not a problem. You can buy more than one U.S. Roaming Data Add-On if you find you need more data.

Can be viewed here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/U-S-Roaming-has-arrived/td-p/94947

BTW I usually only use about 10-20mb per hour using google maps (0.01 - 0.02GB)
Need Help? Let's chat.