cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Unlimited Talk - How Can I Use It?

Anagabriel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.48.16 PM.pngI purchased the US Roaming - Unlimited Talk, (10 days) for $8.00 about two hours ago. The funds were deduced from my account balance; I was redirected to a confirmation screen (I have a sreen shot if there is any more information to be gleamed from it); The add on shows up when I look At my 'Account Overview': When I click on 'Data and Add ons', I can see it as my only current add on. Everything indicates that it should be working. 

I tried calling a number in the US (Houston) And I got the following error message: sorry, we couldn't complete your call you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan"

Over the past few hours I have been trying to see if there is something I need to do to activate the Add-On And I can't seem to figure it out. What can I try next?

I'm sorry If this question has been asked before. Thank you for taking the time to help me! I'm kinda lost. 

12 REPLIES 12

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

US Roaming Add-on is for PM customers who wish to make calls FROM US. It's designed for PM customers that travel to US and want to be use their PM service while there.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The add-on that you purchase d is while you are in the US.  You would need to purchase one of the following:

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes $8

400 International Long Distance minutes $15

You could submit ting a ticket to a moderator to see if they can either refund or changr the add-on.

@Anagabriel 

While you wait for it to be completed you have couple of options.

You can get TextNow app they give you free Canadian phone number with unlimited calls and texts to USA and Canada.

If you prefer to make calls from your number, you can download hangouts dialer (Google chat/dialer) where you can use your own number as caller ID. Calls to USA and Canada are free, when people dial back they call your cell

@Anagabriel you can delete those screenshots it's still showing too much account info

Anagabriel

Thank You that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Anagabriel

Thank you, I will try contacting them to see if I can fix my mistake! 

@Anagabriel 

Hello if you click on the? Bottom right hand corner ask Simon to speak to a moderator you may be able to get those charges reversed or actually refunded into your account good luck

Anagabriel

Oh!! thank you I had no Idea. Where is this written? Imust have skimmed that part! thank you! 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Anagabriel you can try contacting the customer rep team to see if they can change it for you.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Anagabriel Hello  you need to be in the states to use it sorry

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anagabriel wrote:

I purchased the US Roaming - Unlimited Talk, (10 days) for $8.00 about two hours ago. The funds were deduced from my account balance; I was redirected to a confirmation screen (I have a sreen shot if there is any more information to be gleamed from it); The add on shows up when I look At my 'Account Overview': When I click on 'Data and Add ons', I can see it as my only current add on. Everything indicates that it should be working. 

I tried calling a number in the US (Houston) And I got the following error message: sorry, we couldn't complete your call you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan"

Over the past few hours I have been trying to see if there is something I need to do to activate the Add-On And I can't seem to figure it out. What can I try next?

I'm sorry If this question has been asked before. Thank you for taking the time to help me! I'm kinda lost. 

@Anagabriel  Unfortunately it appears you purchased the incorrect add-on US roaming refers to an add-on when in the US. What you need to purchase is the  

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes add-on for $8.00t to be able to call a US number from Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.